Academy 1/72 Fw190 A8 Heinz Bär with Kübelwagen (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yellow cowling underside was done with Model master flat yellow. Since none of the colors that Wurger mentioned above (thanks a lot, by the way) was in my limited stock, I mixed some revell red with light brown. It turned into an orange-like color, so I added a little humbrol 33 black and this resulted with something similar to Wurger's FS 31140 sample. So here's a short update.

Fw190-25.jpg

Fw190-26.jpg

Those small things at the backside of elevators, wings and rudder (what are these called anyway?) will be painted xf-7 red, but I got a bad cold and I call this a day.

Looking very nice. And yes these are called trim tabs .

Trim tabs, thanks. Sprayed cellulose thinner+tamiya x22 gloss after painting trim tabs. Then came decals. Most were easily placed. Some were pretty reluctant to respond to microsol, but especially the transparent ones were good. Some oil+turp wash to blacken recessed lines followed the sealing gloss cote layer after decalling. I sprayed model master dullcote mixed with synthetic thinner (you guys call this mineral spirits, i guess) to finish, and here it is. Exhaust and gunpowder stains seem a bit exaggerated. I've seen photos like this, though, but still... Anyway, I'm almost content with the result, hope you'll like it, too. I need to work on some pigment/pastel chalk weathering, next time. That yellow thing seen through the canopy is not an airbag, it is a piece of uhu-tac. Tonight I'll remove it and glue the canopy in place using kristal klear, then make the wire with stretched sprue and this will come to an end.

Fw190-27.jpg

Fw190-28.jpg

Fw190-29.jpg

Fw190-30.jpg

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.

Canopy fixed in place, antenna done without sagging, as told at the beginning, and a little weathering underside using chalk pastel dust.

As for the Kübelwagen, I can't find two small pieces, but guess it will be here tomorrow anyways.

Fw190-31.jpg

Fw190-32.jpg

Fw190-33.jpg

Fw190-34.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back