Academy Opel Blitz build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A shaking hand....that's way you have to put a paint away when you are going to take a pic. :lol: And for the reason your camera will be clean.

I'm not sure if you should have used the wood paint.Are you going to paint the trusk like in the second profile in post #2?
If yes, you should paint the car with the Sand colour firstly then make the Olive Green mottling.

Yes Harrison it is the Mid Stone colour. Mottling it is a way of applying another colour on surfaces. Look ...the Mid Stone is all over the truck but the Olive green is on it reight? The second colour could be put on a surface as small spots, bigger spots, "snakes" both thin and thick in width, for instance like on SM.79.This is a mottling.

And one more but short note.Painting details being still in the mould frames is quite convenient for a modeller but not for modelling.The main rule of modelling says try to fit three times, once glue.How can it be possible when a detail is stiil not cut off? What is more a paint can change slightly a part dimensions and it can't fit later.Go farther, a detail has already been painted, then it has to be cut out of the mould frame at three or four points.The paint coat can be damaged for some reasons. .As a result the detail has to be painted again. About gluing painted parts I won't mention at all. It's a wasting of a modeller's time and a paint.

Last edited:
This is what I'm aiming for (the one Wojtek posted) , but I don't know how much of the mottling will be acheived. I actually like the mottling on the second truck in post #2 ...

Attachments

• opel blitz _2.jpg
    opel blitz _2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 116
Firstly you have to paint whole the truck with the yellow-sand paint.When the paint is dry you will uise these sponge bruhes we were talking about for the mottling. Unless you have an airbrush...

When you are ready for the mottling will let me know firstly.

BTW do you have a piece of thick gloss white cardboard?

Okay paint dried I didn't read your post till I started mottling on one side.....:(

I don't think it's that bad, thoughts?

Attachments

• 102_3937.JPG
    102_3937.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 70
Well when I read the post I did this....I think it's acceptable.

MIG Mud

1. Get a plastic cup, plaster, Acrylic Resin, MIG Pigments, I used Light dust, Europe Dust and Russian Earth.

Step one: Pour 30% plaster, then 30% acrylic resin.

Step 2: Get an OLD brush (you won't get this brush back, after the project :D) and stir the resin and plaster.

Step 3: Pour 15% Russian Earth, 10% Europe Dust and 5% Light dust.

Step: Stir all together, for 5 minutes.

Step 6: Apply in a controlled fashion and let dry.

Attachments

• 102_3927.JPG
    102_3927.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 102_3928.JPG
    102_3928.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 102_3929.JPG
    102_3929.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 102_3930.JPG
    102_3930.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 102_3932.JPG
    102_3932.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 102_3934.JPG
    102_3934.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 102_3935.JPG
    102_3935.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 76
A little heavy, but looks dang good!! Perhaps she was caught in the late fall/early winter Ukranian mud and snow. Not unrealistic. Looking good, dude.

Well me and Wojtek were talking about it and I wanted the truck to have a Russian winter, mud look :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back