Academy Opel Blitz build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I just got my camera to work! I started an Opel Blitz. I will update, but this model won't be my priority if I can find proper decals for my P-40 it'll be in the group build but this is so far. I just painted the engine and attached it to the truck. More to come, tomorrow possibly?

There small I just resized them. If Mods want to make larger, go right ahead!

Thanks

Attachments

• 102_3843.jpg
    102_3843.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 102_3847.jpg
    102_3847.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 102_3845.jpg
    102_3845.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
A very nice beginning Harrison.:D But you really have to make them a little bit bigger. If you use Irfanview set 800 pixels as the width of a pic. Pictures of the size are displayed on a sreen fully.Just like these below.
Here other profiles for Opel Blits I have found for you. Source unknown.

Attachments

• opel blitz _1.jpg
    opel blitz _1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 120
  • opel blitz _2.jpg
    opel blitz _2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 214
How about now?

Harrison , the same like with pictures of the P-40B kit. Please choose JPG file format before saving.

Again sorry about that guys Wayne, Wojtek :(

Thanks a lot Wojtek!

I'll look for setting the file format.

The picture below is a test, can you all see it?

Attachments

• 102_3843 1.bmp
    678.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
A very nice beginning Harrison.:D But you really have to make them a little bit bigger. If you use Irfanview set 800 pixels as the width of a pic. Pictures of the size are displayed on a sreen fully.Just like these below.
Here other profiles for Opel Blits I have found for you. Source unknown.

800 pixles, do I have to change anything else or can they just be saved or uploaded?

Thanks!

When a pic was opened with the Irfanview hit Ctrl+R keys on your keyboard.The window of the requester for resazing will be opened. There you will find a couple of ready to use picture formats ( on right side of the window) or you can set your own width and hight of a pic ( on left side of the window). Also there is available a switch for keeping proportion of a pic or not , during resizing. What is more on the right side but in right bottom corner you will find settings for quality of resizing , set Lanczos the slowest way.
When your pic has been resized , save it. But before you do it chose JPG format fo rthe pic.Then you may be asked if you want to replace the existing picture ( when the path for saving pic is the same like to the source pic). If you convirm it by clicking "yes" button the resized pic will replace the source one.

BTW the pic above is a BMP file so it might be unseen.

Okay. So after resizing it I change the file or after I hit replace my file?

I switched it to JPG ... lets hope this works :D

Attachments

• 102_3843 1.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
It is still a BMP file. The instruction for JPG setting is at the thread about P-40B.

When your pic has already resized you need to save it right? So you click the Diskette icon on the tool bar of the Irfanview program.There you can set the JPG format file.And when you click the Save button your pic will be saved into a folder you can choose at the top of the "Save" window.ALso you can title a pic or change its name there.If you don't change anything there the resized pic will replace the already existing one on your HDD. Do you understand?

:( Sorry. Understood. I'll take a look. I may have gotten it? I brush painted the engine "Aluminum"

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Okay I know about the paint of the framework. It turned out watery. I have since fixed it.

A problem that occurred was that the two back wheels, and the axel that connected them broke at the ends, the parts that go into the tire, using my tweezers i put a dot of glue on each side and CAREFULLY put the ends back. It worked :)

As I said, paint HAS been fixed, will post pictures later.

Pic 1 : wheels attatched
Pic 2 : My work space
Pic 3: My supplies

Attachments

• 102_3873.JPG
    102_3873.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 102_3869.JPG
    102_3869.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 102_3867.JPG
    102_3867.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 102_3866.JPG
    102_3866.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 106
Looking good Harrison. But could you provide a few more pics of the truck frame.This one is too dark.Use much light or flash of your camera.

Pic: the frame
Pic 2: the right side
Pic 3: Left side
Pic 4 : Minor touch ups on paint. It's drying now.

Thanks so far..my paints still haven't come in the mail. coming up on 2 weeks now. I need to call the company.

Attachments

• 102_3874.JPG
    102_3874.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 102_3873.JPG
    102_3873.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 102_3872.JPG
    102_3872.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 102_3869.JPG
    102_3869.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 98
Now it is better but still too less of light.Try to take pictures closer to a window. The sunlight is very useful. Is there the macro option for pic taking on your camera?

Last edited:
I don't believe so. Try these. Since it's the undercarriage of the truck I'm as worried about the paint but, when I paint the main part of the truck I'm going to go nice and slow and Wurger I will probably do the second profile of the Blitz

Attachments

• 102_3875.JPG
    102_3875.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 102_3877.JPG
    102_3877.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 102_3876.JPG
    102_3876.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 72
Oh that's called "Close Up" on my camera. But I'm off to see a friend so I will be back around 5:30 around here. I will do more work when I get back home and post them tomorrow, with sun light? Thanks for being supportive guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back