Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found it in 'Die deutschen Flugzeuge 1933-1945.'

Then your clue made sense, Williamsburg, home of Blohm and Voss.

The Blohm and Voss Ha 135.

Blohm und Voss Aircraft

Very clever Chris!

cucaracha-prev.jpg

Well done Graeme! And, A4K, you were soooo close, the Heinkel Kadett is said to have been designed by the same team that also designed the Ha135.

By the way, apologies for the cryptic clue, it´s Harry Truman aboard the USS Eagle, the former Horst Wessel, one of the most beautiful ships Blohm and Voss ever built.....i tried to make it not too easy.

By the way, this is a fun forum, and always challenging. Thanks to all you veterans for letting me greenhorn participate...:D

Grampa, it's the Grokhovskii Kukuracha. Experimental Soviet pusher made of wood, ply and fabric which experienced "structural failure on take-off".

By the way, apologies for the cryptic clue, it´s Harry Truman aboard the USS Eagle, the former Horst Wessel, one of the most beautiful ships Blohm and Voss ever built.....i tried to make it not too easy.

I couldn't get your clue right, even with the answer! I Googled "Truman's Yacht" and got the SS Williamsburg which I thought was the ship building site for Blohm and Voss, but in fact it's Hamburg?

(Technically, is it Blohm und Voss or Blohm and Voss or doesn't it matter?)

New angle on the quiz...What's this?...

That whas a fast "kill" on my question Graeme. Has this picture been up before?

That whas a fast "kill" on my question Graeme. Has this picture been up before?

I don't know if it has been on this forum before, I just remembered seeing it in an encyclopedia on Russian aircraft. Not a lot on the net about it. Where did you find your image Grampa?

Graeme, is that a helicopter?

About Blohm Voss, they´re "und" in german, "nd" in english. Were and are Germany´s largest shipbuilders and most the prominent industry firm in Hamburg.

lancaster the plane in your name sunk the tirpiz not a spitfire

The Cessna CH-1 Skyhook

What a weird bird,..:lol:

everything about it:

Cessna Helicopter

and the Cessna 620

I never knew that company did produce anthing than the omnipresent 150/152 diet....

By the way, Graeme, it reads "Cessna" on the hangar in the background of the 620 photo. Helped a bit....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, Graeme, it reads "Cessna" on the hangar in the background of the 620 photo.

I saw the optometrist on Thursday and will receive my reading glasses soon. (no joke!)

Hmmm...German? glider from the 20's or 30's, possibly the Granau Baby? (gotta start somewhere!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back