Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Stearman-Hammond Model Y-1S.

No doubt about it Wingnut, a very common layout for aircraft. Here's the British Arpin and the Dutch Fokker Promoter as further examples...

.... and not forgetting Australia's effort at a similar layout.. :D

Attachments

• Eeek.jpg
    Eeek.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 196
Useful aircraft the Airtruk. Put a few sidewinders and amraams on it and you can rename it Boomerang II...:D

Graeme, if it is not the Bendix, probably the Convair Skycoach?

Graeme, if it is not the Bendix, probably the Convair Skycoach?

Well done Chris! First flown in April 1946 with a 230hp Franklin engine. Performance was poor. With a maximum speed of 142mph it compared badly to the Beech Bonanza's 165mph on 165hp. Development was abandoned.

Verdammt, du bist ja gut, Donnerchlag!:shock: :D

You and Graeme amaze the hell out of me the way you can figure out the types you haven't even seen before!

How do yas do it???!!!:| :?:

Putting AMRAAMs and Sidewiders on an Airtruk is cheating. Putting lots of children and some australian actor in it is cinema. When I first saw the movie I couldn't believe it was a real aicraft. Australians, eh :lol: One for the "form follows function" people.

It had a long multi-cultural history. Designed by an Italian, Luigi Pellarini, for a Sydney based company called Kingsford Smith Aviation Service Pty. Ltd. as the PL-7 tanker, which first flew in September 1956.

Bennett Aviation Ltd in New Zealand altered the PL-7 to produce the Bennett P.L.11 Airtruck in 1960.

Bennett then became Waitomo.

And then Back to Australia in 1965, Transavia Corporation Pty. Ltd. refined the design to become the PL-12 Airtruck.

And you're right Krabat, 'Mad Max' put it in the world spotlight.

Whoa! Impressive! Got nothing to say except maybe you could trace it back to some sketch by leonardo daVinci? :lol: I know what Chris will say: Stick some eight .50's in the wings and maybe a tailgunner with another four and install a P&W R-2800. By the way, he's a terrible tailgunner. Always shooting off his own tail :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found something interesting for you, guys....

Attachments

• gjn2_4.jpg
    gjn2_4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 171
  • gjn2_3d.gif
    gjn2_3d.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 166
Yeah, the good old "crop-the-picture"-approach. I like that. This one's the Blackburn B-54. Got killed because of the Fairey Gannett, which was my first thought on this one.

This one's the Blackburn B-54.

No doubt about it Krabat. The Blackburn B-54 serial no. WB 788. It was photographed at Boscombe Down somewhere around 1950 sporting a small aerodynamic 'fix' under the tailplane which almost cured rudder tramping.

Graeme, of course you also know the name of the photographer, his white haired grandmother and the colour of the shoes he wore on this day? You left it out only because you're such a modest guy :lol: :lol:

Impressed as always,
Krabat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back