Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK.....barrage of hints

It´s a very historic glider......kind of the Wright Flyer of gliders. In fact, it is one of the most important aircraft ever built in Germany - though most people just overlook it.

first one ever to use upwinds at slopes

first glider to perfomr a circle flight

first one to stay aloft one hour

first one to stay aloft three hours

first one to reach 350m above start height

Set the design principles for all gliders that came after it.

won a lot of prizes

Fortunately it is still with us:

And, last hint, one of the people involved in building it, later headed the design of quite a few important aircraft, amongst them this one:

If the above is correct, here's two to consider. Both are pushers with twin booms. One built just before WWII, the other just after...

I found this in the same general arrangment .........but siller looking :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• A001.jpeg
    A001.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 104
I found this in the same general arrangment .........but siller looking :shock: :shock:

The Stearman-Hammond Model Y-1S.

No doubt about it Wingnut, a very common layout for aircraft. Here's the British Arpin and the Dutch Fokker Promoter as further examples...

Thanks again, Thunderbolt! No, I'm a kiwi, but I lived in Wien (Vienna) for 3 and a half years. Haven't spoken German in the eight years since then though, so I've forgotten alot unfortunately (lost my Swedish and Spanish the same way!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back