Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's probably why you British didn't like the Cobra. The driveshaft is too close to the pilot's best parts. Imagine: There's nothing more macho than a guy in sunglasses and leather jacket. :lol:

But back to the Bugatti: Did it actually fly or is it just a designer's piece? Nice but totally useless in real life. :D

Krabat

That's probably why you British didn't like the Cobra. The driveshaft is too close to the pilot's best parts. Imagine: There's nothing more macho than a guy in sunglasses and leather jacket. :lol:

But back to the Bugatti: Did it actually fly or is it just a designer's piece? Nice but totally useless in real life. :D

Krabat

Unfortunately Hitlers quest for living space put a dampner on any record breaking flight with the Bugatti. Their were proposals to make a fighter version of it.

Buggatti also made a train(s?).

Any record that thing would have been broken would have been short and only once.

It wouldn't have been the first record plane with inefficent cooling or severally limited engine life.

I haven't the link but their is a group who intend makie a flying replica. So perhaps it will may finally take flight. A few RC models have flown succesfully.

Let's try this one....if it hasn't been posted before.

242ztx0.jpg

Hello aviation lovers.
Maybe I can do something good for you.

This is the :
Boeing XB-15 Experimental Bomber
Model number :294
First flight : 15 October 1937
Because the lone XB-15 was an experimental airplane, it did not serve as a bomber during World War II.
The military converted it into a cargo carrier, designated the XC-105.

Links :
Boeing Model 294 / XB-15 / XC-105 - bomber, transport
Boeing XB-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Boeing: History -- Products - Boeing XB-15 Experimental Bomber

Love from Morten :D
(You remember me from the AviaQuiz ? ) :agrue:

Yup, also known as the Folland Frightful, which sounds a very English sort of name :)

Although on the original picture it has a Napier Sabre up front, at that time.

I actually looked through every single page in this thread and these two haven't been pictured. I think they'll get nailed but enjoy anyways. I love the top one...

Attachments

• no cheating.jpg
    no cheating.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 140
  • that means you.jpg
    that means you.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 142
Bingo. I love that picture. They're all feathered, but the closest engine still shows motion blur so you know the camera's exposure isn't fast enough to have made their propellers freeze in the picture. Apparently the piston engine was used primarily for take-off and landing as the jet lacked sufficient power and reliability. There have been several multiple-propulsion pics here in this thread, I think Ryan actually had another one too. The market for this type of fighter couldn't have been big, they only would have been useful for a few interim years as the jet came of age.

Bonus points for the plane in the foreground. Too easy.

Any takers for the biplane? Hint- it has a ridiculous name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back