Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Friggin work! spoiling my modelling time....although I have spent my time sanding filing and scribing the Phantom at lunch times at work, but nothing really to show....that is obvious...
Hey no worries fella
not trying to pressure you into rushing anything, just always nice to see your end products 8)

OK. To bore you all more... when these wings have been attached to the fuselage it appeared that there was "a stair" between both parts at the bottom , especially the front area.Also the shape of wheel bays was slightly incorrect there.There was lack of small triangles at the area of the leg sockets to keep the bay lines straight. Then I had to hard work with a file and sandpaper to remove the difference. A few shots below....

Attachments

• wu1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 239
  • wu2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 238
  • wu3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 236
  • wu4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 238
  • wu5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 241
  • wu6.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 896
  • wu7.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 236
Neat work again my friend, and a quick question.
Can you confirm that the radiator drain is only on one side, not on both radiators (the pipe which needs the notch in the radiator shutter) ? I haven't been able to find any pics (unless I've missed one in all the references I have), and want to get it right for both the 1/32 nd scale kits I'm doing. I notice that the Bf109E in the RAF Museum has the notch in both shutters.
Thanks Wojtek.

THX Gents...

Terry,

I'm not sure buit these radiators might have been mounted interchangeably. But the pipe was for the port wing radiator only. Here you are a few pics.

Attachments

• bf109e both.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 248
  • bf109e rad.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 273
  • bf109e radleft.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 246
  • bf109e radright.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 266
  • bf109e radright1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 240
  • bf109e radleft1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 246
  • bf109e radleft2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 247
Oh boy ...one Guinness.... What would it be if it was Tyskie - Strong? I can't imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread