Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3/E-4 Adolf Galland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey...........nice one Maria, I almost missed it, guess I've been to tied up trying to finish off this last GB. Looking forward to some progress shots.

Maria, are you going to do the 57 victory marked aircraft or a variation with less victories?

Are the victory markings in your kit all Red, thats what they look like.

and finally...do you want to do some more earlier Galland markings....Yes that means more 109's! or different JG26 birds?

Looking forward to the build Maria!

(I do like that Heinkel)

Thanks Tony. ;)
(I like that Heinkel, too. :D )

Hey...........nice one Maria, I almost missed it, guess I've been to tied up trying to finish off this last GB. Looking forward to some progress shots.

Thanks Vic, so do I. ;) :D
I haven't been doing much painting and building these days, I'm at home with one helluva cold, so the building'll have to wait for a little while yet, but I'll get back to it as soon as I'm better.

Maria, are you going to do the 57 victory marked aircraft or a variation with less victories?
Are the victory markings in your kit all Red, thats what they look like.
and finally...do you want to do some more earlier Galland markings....Yes that means more 109's! or different JG26 birds?

Hi Wayne.

Erm...good question, I'll stick with the markings that are in the box for now, and yes, the markings are all red.
My plan is to do more JG26 109's, I've already bought an Airfix kit exactly like the one I'm working on, I hope that I can turn that into yet another JG26 109. ;)

Cheers,

Maria.

Last edited:
Hi Wayne.

Erm...good question, I'll stick with the markings that are in the box for now, and yes, the markings are all red.
My plan is to do more JG26 109's, I've already bought an Airfix kit exactly like the one I'm working on, I hope that I can turn that into yet another JG26 109. ;)

Cheers, Maria.

No worries Maria...if I tell you not all the victory bars were red, some were black will you want to correct them to be accurate?

Will check my decal stash and see what other JG 26 markings I have that may suit a future build.:D

I've spoken to a lot of pople recently who have got that new 1:48 Airfix '109E kit, and every one of them has good things to say about it. Looking forward to seeing progress.

Maria, now I've finished my Galland 109, except for the corrections to the victory bars, I was hoping to follow your build. Could it be time to restart it?

Sláinte, Gerry

No worries Maria...if I tell you not all the victory bars were red, some were black will you want to correct them to be accurate?
Will check my decal stash and see what other JG 26 markings I have that may suit a future build.:D

About the victory bars: Yup. Can't be that hard to fix those lil' buggers. ;)
And thanks Wayne. *hugs* :)

I've spoken to a lot of pople recently who have got that new 1:48 Airfix '109E kit, and every one of them has good things to say about it. Looking forward to seeing progress.

Hi Loiner. Well guess what - so am I. ;) :D

Any progress Maria?

Nope. The motorcycle season has begun. :D

Maria, now I've finished my Galland 109, except for the corrections to the victory bars, I was hoping to follow your build. Could it be time to restart it?

Sláinte, Gerry

I saw that, and I love what you did to your Galland-model. ;)
The problem here (which you might feel to be somewhat familiar) is that there's just not enough hours in the day.

Nár laga Dia do lámh

Maria.

Last edited:
Have at it, Maria. I'm look forward to your 1/48. I just finished mine a few months ago and Gerry just knocked out a beautiful 32nd scale... Dolfo would be proud.

Cheers,
Mark

Maria, yes I can relate to that sentiment exactly. I need to take a break from building, to catch up on some non-related chores that have got long-fingered. Also, for people living on our latitude, every hour of sunshine, in our short summer, is precious and needs to be enjoyed while we can.

Grá, Gerry

Well, I know that feeling, although you're slightly more arctic then me.

Calgary 51° 5' N
Dublin 53° 20' N

Well - beat this, then: I was born at 72°47'2.74"N, 56° 8'57.64"W. ;)

Have at it, Maria. I'm look forward to your 1/48. I just finished mine a few months ago and Gerry just knocked out a beautiful 32nd scale... Dolfo would be proud.

Cheers,
Mark

I'd bet he would scratch his head at all the model builders going into detail about victory markings/where and when, colours and all. :D

Maria, yes I can relate to that sentiment exactly. I need to take a break from building, to catch up on some non-related chores that have got long-fingered. Also, for people living on our latitude, every hour of sunshine, in our short summer, is precious and needs to be enjoyed while we can.

Grá, Gerry

Oh yes indeed.

Barróg,

Maria.

Last edited:
I have the same kit sitting in the workbench also (need to do some work on it sometime soon). Comes together very nicely and has a lot of options to it for a nice price. Just about every major 'Emil' sub-type can be build from this single kit.

The only thing I've found a little troublesome were the little insert parts for the MG's in the wings. Mine had pretty horrible fit (although that also could have been caused by the way I installed the wings as I glued the upper wings parts to the fuselage first to make sure the wing-fuselage join was good) Nothing too dramatic that couldn't be fixed with a little putty, but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back