Airfix 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3/E-4 Adolf Galland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Hi guys.

It's time for my build of the Galland 109. Can't have that Tamiya 109 feeling all sad and lonely in my china cabinet now, eh? ;)
Here's the box, kit parts and decals.
There were no swastikas included, so I bought some at the model shop in Copenhagen.
Compared with the Tamiya 109 that I made, this kit looks a bit less detailed, but still an okay kit.
Since my last build, I've bought a lamp with a magnifying glass in, so now I hope that'll make things easier when it comes to the tiny parts-modelling work.
Hmmmmmm, it is tempting to go buy two more of the same kit, so that I could build a few more JG 26-109's...but let's not get ahead of things; build first, then buy. *giggle*

Attachments

• 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 546
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 097.JPG
    097.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 428
  • 098.JPG
    098.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 099.JPG
    099.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 576
  • 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
The new Airfix 109 is a very nice kit and goes together without any major drama the only slight snag I found was a slight gap in the join of the front cowl.
In the best TV tradition here's one I prepared earlier
001.jpg

Good luck with your build Maria
Looking forward to your progress.

Hi again guys, and thank you. *curtsies* ;)
Well, what can I say, other than I hope that I can incorporate what I've learned from the previous build - my first in ages - so that this result'll be a bit better. ;)

Lucky: Aw, you finish reading it first! Then you send it. Please? *fluttering eyelashes big brown puppy dog eyes* ;) :lol:

Magnu: Nice 'bird you've done there. What's the one in the background? *squints*

Cheers,

Maria.

Last edited:
That is an Airfix 109F4 which I am trying to do as Black 4 of 8/JG5 Ofw. Karl Schultz Petsamo Finland 1943.
See my conflict of info on paint scheme thread
ATM I am having a lot of problems trying to spray a good consistant fine line, but I will get there and will post pics when it is done.

That is an Airfix 109F4 which I am trying to do as Black 4 of 8/JG5 Ofw. Karl Schultz Petsamo Finland 1943.
See my conflict of info on paint scheme thread
ATM I am having a lot of problems trying to spray a good consistant fine line, but I will get there and will post pics when it is done.

Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye at your progress. ;)

Thanks guys...schhh...painting...I'll be back in the build in a couple of days, I have to get some new paint, the colours are very different than from my previous build. :p :D

Maria, glad to see you've started your build. Look forward to seeing some pictures. I've only gotten as far as the engine bay with mine.

Btw, Maria......you can't leave this one out, just because it isn't a '109.....

Attachments

• He_51_LC_Galland_Kopie_klein72.jpg
    He_51_LC_Galland_Kopie_klein72.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back