Airfix 1/72 Cessna O-1 Bird Dog

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
A lot of work for such a tiny model, the clear parts were especially tricky and most were replaced. Also added some cockpit detail, re-scribed the kit and made the Thai markings.

IMG_0005LR.jpg

IMG_0006LR-1.jpg

IMG_0012LR.jpg

Very cool! I built that years back but mine was nowhere as good as this one!

Wow! I have that kit unbuilt. It didn't come in a box, it came in clear plastic with a cardboard back to hang in the store display. That is one tiny kit and you nailed it sir.

thumbs.png
Thanks for the kind comments.

Wow! I have that kit unbuilt. It didn't come in a box, it came in clear plastic with a cardboard back to hang in the store display. That is one tiny kit and you nailed it sir.

Cheers Matt, mine was also in one of the early Airfix 70s 'blister packs'.

Is that kit available still? Will need one eventually for when I do my FAC birds flown by kiwi pilots in Vietnam. (Bronco's in the stash already, Cessna O-1 and O-2A to be aquired)

Is that kit available still? Will need one eventually for when I do my FAC birds flown by kiwi pilots in Vietnam. (Bronco's in the stash already, Cessna O-1 and O-2A to be aquired)

It's not listed in the current Airfix range, although they're relatively easy to find on eBay etc.

You'll get one at King Kit in the UK Evan. New £5.99, pre-owned, £4.99. All pre-owned are checked and complete. They also have the Auster 'Antarctic' (Auster AOP6 with extra parts for the Antarctic survey aircraft) if you need to add that one. Didn't check the Cessna 02, but they might have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back