Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm pretty sure we all knew that chick........once....maybe twice. Any ways here are a few pics of the progress so far. Lots of other things going on in my life right now so I have not had much time for hiding in the man cave but here's where I'm at.

Beauty! It's working out very well. I guess that gap/ridge between the rear glazing and 'solid' fuselage section can easily be built-up and blended in. Nice work.

Well some updates now that I have a bit of free time over the Christmas stretch. First of all Merry Christmas to all and a prosperous New Year ( God knows the old one wasn't ! )
Any how if your going to try vacu forming your own glazing THIS IS NOT the kit to start with. I ran into so many problems with fitting and sanding I almost chucked in the towell a number of times but I stuck with it. Here is where I'm at. Should have it wrapped up by next weekend.

I need to mount the engine and a few other bits and pieces as well as a bit more detail to the landing gear and it's a wrap.

Well it's all coming together now. Bomb fins and landing gear covers were TOO thick so I made new ones from plastic card. Paint is on, decals, just a few more things and she's a wrap. I'll post some pictures when it's done over the next few days. And I almost gave up on it out of frustration ! Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread