Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work indeed. And you should be pleased - I would be happy with that result in 1/48th or even 1/32nd scale, never mind 1/72nd scale, on such an old kit!
You've done a great job moulding the transparencies, and fitting them, and the engine detail is really well done. Congratulations, and looking forward to seeing the end result.

Some final pictures' I went easy on the weathering because lets face it, I doubt a lot of these racked up any serious hours.

100_0091-1.jpg

100_0093.jpg

100_0106.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement. Considering what a meager kit it was I had a lot of fun building it until I got down to trying to learn how to vacu form my own glazing. Ran into numerous problems with fitting it to the fuselage. I have given up on modeling putty in favour of fibreglass filler ( bondo) which I used on this. Lost track of how many canopies I made but after 5 disastrous attempts to fasted the canopy to the fuselage I almost gave up. Tried all kinds of glue as well with no luck and ended up using crazy glue which I don't like using. I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks all for the good feedback. I'm pretty pleased with it as well. I would say though, for a first attempt at forming my own canopies I should have picked something a bit less challenging. I sure wasted a lot of plastic !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back