Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Well I must say I'm a sucker for ugly planes and punishment. Honestly how did this fly plastered with maraschino cherry sized rivets ? Gonna be lot's of sanding !! Always wanted to build this kit and came across it looking for stuff for the Ju-86 I just completed. $12.00CDN.
Like the Ju-86 there is very little info or pics on this, interior and structure wise on the net. I understand the interior of the gondola is very similar to the FW-189. Any pics you can post would surely help.

bv141.jpg

Another 1960s Airfix re-release - should be an interesting build. I used to have a cutaway drawing of this at one time - I doubt I still have it, but if I have, I'll post it.

Odd I suppose would be one word to describe it ! I haven't had much time lately but here's where I'm at so far. Sanded off all the rivets on the fuselage, scribed out the more obvious panel lines, cut off the control surfaces on the tail and started adding some engine detail.
I'm quite surprised, the quality of the plastic is excellent and very workable, not brittle at all and the fit of the parts is pretty good as well.

bv1.jpg

bv2.jpg

bv3.jpg

Some updates, Bramo 123 radial...no..or well not much info on it so I sort of faked it.

100_2168-1.jpg

100_2171-1.jpg

100_2172-1.jpg

Going through some not so nice family problems so haven't had a lot of time lately but this is where I'm at so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back