Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice model you/you'll have there :) it should look good and 'pertty' when done 8)

Later Bv.141's, that were still flown durring the war sometimes had due to a lack of original engine parts, had an older/earlier BMW Fw190 or Ju88 motor fitted, or it was an BMW 132 from an Bv's single engined twin float plane - the RAF had a flight worthy 141 for many years post war, until I believe it was scraped due to lack of engine spares and airframe wear n' tear.

I have a Flypast mag, from last year or 2010 (it has a Bf109E (or an F), a yellow band on the front cover) with a short writeup on the Bv - apparaently, it could fly circles on 'one wing' tighly steadily for as long as needed if be (to starboard/right) and that despite its asymetrical layout, the RAF test pilot ; I happen forgot his name, but I do remember he's was famous for testing many enemy A/C, found its flight qualities very nice and well suited to its role and definitively proved the concept of its designer.
I think it was eventually scrapped in the mid or late 50's - so it likely to be burried - unless 'recycled', at one of the those 'forgotten' RAF/MOD burrial sites that are starting to reappear in the news here for possible enviro' contamination reasons/fears.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. My father in law passed away in February ( I've mentioned him here before, he was a WWII Vet. ) Last month my mother in law had a stroke and isn't doing well. Having a hobby I enjoy helps keep my mind off things !

Man, sorry to hear that. Hope your Mother in law gets well soon....and keep at the '141, she's looking great!

Well here is an update, got some time this past weekend and sorted out the engine. I'm sort of in the same boat as I was with the JU-86 in that there isn't a ton of reliable info or pics. A lot of the pictures I have found show the exhaust pipes exposed, some there is no evidence of the pipes, perhaps different versions. Also, the Bramo 123 engine, couldn't find any pics but from what I understand was very similar to the BMW engine and was actually produced by BMW by the early 40's. Here's some pics, I've also decided I need to upgrade from 2X to 3X reading glasses or switch to a bigger scale !

100_2179.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2180.jpg

100_2182.jpg

Superb work, especially in 1/72nd scale!
If it's any consolation, I need either new reading glasses, or better eyes too - and I work in 1/48th and larger scales!

Well here we go with the interior. Again, there is a lack of pics on the net as to exactly how the interior appeared so I'm going to have to take a few liberties here and there.
2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Really nice kit all in all but of all the dozens and dozens of 1:72 Airfix kit's I have built this has bar none the worst set of clear plastic ever ! I made a mold of it. I'm going to try and replicate it with something thinner and clearer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back