Airfix 1:72 scale He 177

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I had some time to add some final touches to this bird. I can't believe it's done and over. I've had this kit for so long and I remember when I first opened it feeling that sharp crack upside the head that reminded me of so many Airfix kits that I built as a teenager with grape sized rivets and garden hose sized panel ines not to mention little or no detail, Stirling, Halifax, Lancaster et al ! All in all this was a fun build (took long enough) I like scratch building and don't really have a problem with making stuff up as I go along as long as the end result satisfies me. Well here's the final rollout.

finalpics%20027_zpsvkacbm5k.jpg

finalpics%20015_zpskayahch8.jpg

finalpics%20025_zpspx2pqrpd.jpg

finalpics%20033_zpsy712abhg.jpg

finalpics%20018_zpscbxjodpn.jpg

finalpics%20013_zps1smz1rjl.jpg

I have my eyes peeled for the Revell kit, meanwhile it's back to the Me 321 sloth......gigant !

Hello,

Very good job. Bravo !
Originally, this "Greif" was captured by the French at Toulouse, then delivered to the RAF. The red rudder on the fake photo is the overpainting of the French colors by the British... in RAF Dark Green. On the sides of the fuselage, even in British hands, we can read the French words "Prise de guerre" (War prize). I built my "177" in those temporary French markings.

Spielmann

Users who are viewing this thread

Back