All Is Not Well With The American Military (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed and ditto as well..

Just to sprinkle on a little more...

Many liberal eat-weanies and panzie-@sses like to make Iraq - Vietnam comparisons. Many of them use casualties numbers from 1961-1964. It was after the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (August, 1964) where the war escalated and in 1965 the number of US service men KIA totaled 1,926!!!! 1,926 IN ONE YEAR!!!!! The worse year - 1968, 16,869 US servicemen KIA, the same year as the Tet Offensive.

3 years Vietnam = 23,700 US service men dead.
3 years Iraq = 2510 US service men dead

In 3 years in Iraq a crazed dictator was removed from power, thousands of terrorists who came to Iraq just to fight against the US were killed (who might of just crossed the Mexican border and brought their fight right here) and finally a major terrorist organization who has attacked targets in the US and Europe has been kept off balance and now realizes the west isn't putting up with their sh*t anymore! The price to pay; 2,510 Americans, two Australians, 113 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, three Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 31 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Romanians, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians. :salute:

Iraq isn't done yet but I think things are a hell of a lot better there than in Vietnam, 1968. You could probably make comparisons in the leadership and compare notes on who was dumber, Johnson, Bush, McNamara or Rumsfeld, but that's where it ends...

BTW as of today there are about 152,000 troops in Iraq accomplishing the mission. There were 440,000 troops in Vietnam in 1968.

The only REAL comparison I see is the bravery of those who were asked to fight in both conflicts.... :salute:

And all is not well in the US military?!? :rolleyes:

flyboyj, not so easy: "terrorists who might of just crossed the Mexican border and brought their fight right here."

during my stay here, a friend of mine -mexican girl- went to study in London where she met an iranian guy; the guy has lived most of his life there, meaning he´s a legal resident of great britain (he has a good job and many relatives in the island)

the lovely couple decided to get married, and wanted to do so in mexico; the whole thing turned out impossible for mexican authorities refused to issue a permit for that guy to enter mexico. they got married in england.

with this i tell you that the presence of citizens of nations who are currently experiencing "issues" with the USA is forbidden in mexico, or better, said they will never be allowed here, under any circumstance.

mexican authorities might be very corrupt, they do not play with the possibility of the thing you mentioned happening though.

So you mean to tell me that not a single Al Qaeda member has come across our southern border? Give me a break. Being an illegal alien in Mexico is a felony, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Have you heard of MS-13? They get a wide variety of "OTM"s across our border. If you think laws are going to stop them, you are more naive than I thought, Udet.

Don't give me that "propaganda" crap either. I have several friends in the border patrol, and they are picking up Iranians, Iraqis, Syrians, Pakistanis and a host of others on a regular basis. That border is wide freakin open for someone with a little knowledge of where and when to cross. The Mexican law enforcement and military people are corrupt as hell. For the right amount of money they will either turn their backs, or help you across.

Wasn't it not even 6 months ago that they caught some middle eastern men Al Quida ties trying to cross the border into the US through Mexico. Could have sworn it was not even 6 months ago.

Erich said:
Gents I will be brief on this as rasing this brings a horrid taste to my mouth. If you guys knew just how many innocents were blown off the earth in Vietnam it would make your blood curl, but realize the all important note here: during the wicked time in the far east the innocents as they are called would wave at us in one se3cond and pull an Ak 47 out ans shoot us in the back on another out of the rice paddies. As in the mid east as well in nam the VC would be in such a forceful position to put villagers in front of huts to take the brunt of our return fire whie the VC would shoot at us from a protected although thin walled hut.
Same applies in the mideast, force women and the elderly/young to walk out in front of a fire fight and then say we blew Iraqui civilians away. Unless you have ever been in a fire fight and reeceived fire from blank windows and walls/roofs you will never know what it feels like. . . . what is the first reaction. . . . send fire into that general area (especially when you see your buds getting drilled).

The media has warped the situation in the mideast out of control and again is trying to make a mockery out of our service personell. Meida needs to take a break and come out to the front lines and see first hand. But then whom needs more imbeds taking a bullet and jeopardizing a mission; which they have in the past

E

I have a brother who is no longer in active service. He was first an MP and then transported insurgents and military personal to the states. He was shot at, shooting at, and capturing insurgents. The media has warped the Middle East into a media craze for people to eat up like corn in a trough.I am frankly ashamed of what the United states is doing, with the press on top of it all. I don't mean Iraq or Afghanistan but all around the world. We are spreading our troops to far and drilling the minds of the troops with days of glory. When the men fought against the Germans and Japanese. We now fight against something that cant be stopped with military might but with something else entirely. Terrorism isn't a person, but a thing. A thing that feeds off the fear of the people who cringes at the thought of no democracy. Like a man named Franklin Roosevelt once said, "The only thing to fear, is fear it self!". The twin Towers hurt us so much because the people who died. People live and then die. I understand the pain. My veteran grandfather died at the age of 91 with a smile on his face. Democracy will hold even with strikes at it. We need to understand that and make a choice. Fight for freedom or fight for something that can not happen. The end of terror. -:mad:

Well as a US Soldier who has spent 14 months in Iraq, I will tell you that I some what agree and somewhat disagree with you.

I do agree that this will never end, however I disagree with the whole ashamed part. We are not being drilled with thoughts of glory or anything like that. It is called the fighting spirit and every single one of us soldiers has it. When our government tells us to go some where, we go there and we kick ***!

Thanyou very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back