"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They don't have chemical weapons afaik. At least they haven't trained for using them since the'90ies and their stock was officially destroyed in 2017. Of course they could still have a small reserve of the stuff but they definitely cannot produce them in a large scale.

I'm assuming that "they" in your post refers to NATO. Is this accurate?

I think it's quite unlikely that Russia will use chemical weapons.

I generally agree unless they can apply plausible deniability -- i.e. saying they were attacking a chemical plant.

Any use of NBC weapons would be an escalation NATO would have to answer, I think. Failure to do so would set a bad precedent, much as America's "red line" in Syria was shown to be a paper tiger and allowed for many further atrocities. On the doorstep of Europe? I don't think public opinion would allow for Western half-measures.

I'm assuming that "they" in your post refers to NATO. Is this accurate?
No, I meant Russia. Russia signed the treaty in 1993. According to the OPCW was the whole Rusian chemical stock destroyed in 2017. Of course they can have some hidden somewhere, but the capacity to make more is not there.

Believe it or not, but Chornobayevka airbase near Kherson was hit by Ukrainian artillery again - for the sixth time - last night and again Russian equipment was destroyed.
RF army continued to use the airfield after five strikes. Where is that groundhog?
Now, sit down before you hear this.
They did it again.
10th (tenth) time.
Chornobayevka forever.

Source: charismatic Vitaliy Kim, the head of the Mykolayiv region's administration.

Artist's impression:

Just came across this news bit.

It appears that the Russian AFV that opened fire on that sedan on the highway, killing the elderly couple, was ambushed and destroyed shortly after.

If this is the case, then justice for those grandparent came swift and hard.

Love to think it was the same, but seems one shows snow on the ground and the other doesn't.

Just came across this news bit.

It appears that the Russian AFV that opened fire on that sedan on the highway, killing the elderly couple, was ambushed and destroyed shortly after.

If this is the case, then justice for those grandparent came swift and hard.

It seems the news agencies from India have done a good job attaining combat footage and giving accurate coverage.

I'm told this is an accurate translation of that song. Pardon the expletives'

The English translation of the lyrics (pardon the expletives):

Help

Too bad help didn't come,
No reinforcements were sent.
There are only two of us left,
You and I were fucked.

All the rest are dead
And the ammunition will run out soon,
But we keep the position,
We fight bravely.

The gun is dead - everything is fucked up,
there is nothing left to fight back with.
Well, let's smoke, brother fighter,
We can't escape death.

Too bad help didn't come,
No reinforcements were sent.
Business as usual,
You and I were fucked.

Evidently some of these cruise missiles have come from naval vessels off Odessa. I have seen film footage from Odessa showing these vessels lined up off-shore. Does Ukraine have Exocet Missiles or equivalent to take these vessels out? Can they be provided by NATO or is that equipment too difficult to deploy?

Jim
Tonight on MSNBC, Retired General Barry McCaffrey called for anti shipping misses to be sent to Ukraine. Also anti aircraft missiles.

Jim

From the Russian AFV poorly led, fed and protected crew's perspective, if (as shown on Ukraine media) every Ukrainian is a possible Molotov-armed partisan, where ambush by MANPATS is constantly feared, a civilian car driving towards your position might just evoke an order of kill all vehicles that approach. The Russians may have feared the car was scouting and reporting targets. It's a war crime, but I wonder how many innocent civilians in cars were considered possible insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan and destroyed "just in case" by US and Coalition AFV crews (and drone operators).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back