"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In his home near Ukraine's front line with Russia, Yurii makes a stand

TCLYHYBV65JQFPQLIGAGUB35FY.jpg

Image (21) copy-1.jpg

A bird for drone hunting. This is the Cessna I was trying to find. The whole right side comes off. I was in one very similar for an air to air photo op with the CAF decades back. The only seat was the pilot's, as it was used for skydiving, so I managed to secure myself & camera gear using the seatbelts still attached to the floor. I was wearing a backpack chute and the volunteer pilot, a young Aussie nut, thought it would be funny to drop me out the open side of the plane. He kept making 90 degree banks to the right, hoping. The photos were of two sticks of para jumpers in WW2 uniforms, gear and modified T-10 chutes exiting C-47s. We would photo them exiting, then make a right spiraling dive to keep as many in the frame as possible. By the way, the Aussie seemed disappointed, as he just walked away after landing. Never introduced himself in the beginning or after.

While that Cessna looks like it might be a good idea, keep in mind that some of Russia's drone have a top speed close to the 172's top end.

This means that chasing the drones would be a protracted event, much like the RAF experienced early on while chasing V-1s.

The AT-802U (OA-1K) has a top speed well over 200mph and is fitted with 10 hardpoints, so it's armament potential is really versatile and it as good maneuverability as well.

While that Cessna looks like it might be a good idea, keep in mind that some of Russia's drone have a top speed close to the 172's top end.

This means that chasing the drones would be a protracted event, much like the RAF experienced early on while chasing V-1s.

The AT-802U (OA-1K) has a top speed well over 200mph and is fitted with 10 hardpoints, so it's armament potential is really versatile and it as good maneuverability as well.

Fire up the Hawker Tempest production line. Or even the P-39, of course omitting the heater.

Fire up the Hawker Tempest production line. Or even the P-39, of course omitting the heater.
Well, you know, if you deleted the nose armor, eliminate the heater (as you mentioned) and move the IFF around...

Wait.

Oh hell no, we're not going down that rabbit hole.

Nope.

No sir.

Well, you know, if you deleted the nose armor, eliminate the heater (as you mentioned) and move the IFF around...

Wait.

Oh hell no, we're not going down that rabbit hole.

Nope.

No sir.

Y'know, even a Spit Mk V would be good for low-level drone-killing over Kyiv or Odessa outside the range of SAMs, all jokes aside. Drop 20 mph for a modern FLIR or radar set for night-time work. You're still getting 340 or so mph.

Remember the problems the U.S. had trying to snuff Bed-Check Charlie as well as the Luftwaffe trying to down the Nacht-Hexxen (coincidently both flying the Polikarpov U-2)?

Fast is one thing, but there needs to be the ability to get slow and ugly, too.

Another merit of the AT-802U, is it's 100mph stall speed at max. loadout (which is about 9,000 pounds of ordnance).

Now that I think of it, maybe we could resurrect the Hs123 for the job...

There is no need to start a new version of any ww2 aircraft for most drones. They are relatively slow.

Some of the homebuilt pylon racers or competition aerobatic aircraft would be able to take out drones by tipping them like they did to the V-1s at a far lower cost than any of the good stuff and they can, and are, built off plans at a relatively low cost.
Reno Formula 1 aircraft are powered the Continental O-200 engine (the same 100 hp engine used in a Cessna 150). The fastest Formula 1 aircraft exceed 250 mph. Most would have a low radar signature.

Aerobatic aircraft like the Stephens Akro and Lazer are much more powerful, fast and very manoeuvrable and would also have a very low radar signature.

There is no need to start a new version of any ww2 aircraft for most drones. They are relatively slow.

Some of the homebuilt pylon racers or competition aerobatic aircraft would be able to take out drones by tipping them like they did to the V-1s at a far lower cost than any of the good stuff and they can, and are, built off plans at a relatively low cost.
Reno Formula 1 aircraft are powered the Continental O-200 engine (the same 100 hp engine used in a Cessna 150). The fastest Formula 1 aircraft exceed 250 mph. Most would have a low radar signature.

Aerobatic aircraft like the Stephens Akro and Lazer are much more powerful, fast and very manoeuvrable and would also have a very low radar signature.
I like this one.

1719573284551.png

What about using smaller commercial helicopters to hunt them?
such as Bo 105 or french Alouette/Gazelle? or various ex-soviet ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back