All-rounders. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The A6M2 was the best naval fighter in the world until 1943.

Also Russian bombers were always raiding Scandinavian cities, and East Europe. I think Helinski got a big beating from Russian heavy bombers until they retaliated against the bomber airfields.

I thought the Russians followed the German practice of focusing on tactical rather the strategic bombing. But I don't know as much about the Russians as I do some of the others.

No, the Russians although mostly using Pe-2s and aircraft of that kind for specific bombing, they did use TB-3s and Pe-8s to bomb East Europe and Scandnavia.
The Finnish did retaliate well though, I think there's a thread on here about their retaliation by bombing the air bases where the Soviet bombers were flying from. They used to join formation with them, and bomb them when they were landing.

Well that was the idea. The Russians soon moved away.

Yeah, I remember reading that post. I was just saying that as a general rule the Russians seemed far more concerned with tactical rather than strategic airpower.

Don't lie, you don't think :lol:

The P-38 was good, but in my opinion the Mosquito was better. It was cheaper and easier to produce as well... :D

I think the edge goes to the Lightning because an individual Lightning was more versatile than an individual Mosquito (ie, the Mosquito's versatility came from being built in several distinct versions).

as much as i love the lightning, i think the mosquito was the more versatile of the 2. remember, it could carry the same payload as a b-17 would normally carry 8) the highest stat i have seen for a lightnings payload is 4000lb

And I have posted on here that the Lightning could carry well over that 4,000lb limit. And then turn into a very effective fighter once its bombload was dropped. Just try that in a B.IV.

yup, the mossie could do that too.... if you can convince me that the lightning is better then you will have done a superb job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back