Amazing Model Railroad

Crimea_River

Marshal
47,747
16,273
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Location
Calgary
 
Last edited:
That is an amazing place Andy, there was a little about it on the TV with James May a couple of weeks ago and It's on my list of places to visit but alas I think the next trip is going to miss Hamburg by about a day's train ride. Maybe in about 2012.................
 
Pretty cool. :thumbup:


Wheels
 
SON!!!!!
 
I went to a model railroad convention here in Seattle many years ago. The literal engineering that went into the production was uber phenomenal.

What they do is specify an entry table size and interface dimensions, track locations for the interface, etc. That way all compatible entries will interface (edge up properly/interoperate) with the next entry. Thus you can have a 1880's diorama interface with a 1950's scenario with a 1941 WW2 railyard with a Canadian Rockies Express.

It is rather phenomenal how these guys put all these entries together and then set up an engineer's station to run all the trains. It is something similar to air traffic control, but with all the electrical, mechanical and physical interface implications. Impressive as hell actually.
 
Very good layout !.

Whats the airplane wreck embedded in the rockface about 50 odd seconds into the video ?
 
Naaaah....too cluttered! I never get why people try squeeze as much as possible on some layouts, not my thing. Nice work though!
 
Whats the airplane wreck embedded in the rockface about 50 odd seconds into the video ?

Hmmm I've had a close look full screen and it appears to be a civil plane of some description, not a Lockheed Electra as that has twin rudders although the original models made for the Electra had a single rudder, possibly a twin engined plane though.


Yes I know I'm quite sad!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back