An Expatriate from Wales (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gwaredd

Airman
May 29, 2013
Wales, UK USA
Helo bawb! (Hello everyone!)

Sut ydych chi? (How are you?)

I'm returning to my favorite hoppy after many years. From doing some research I found that most folks consider that Tamiya makes the best models. I hope so since I just purchased a 1/48 Scale P-51D Mustang (The Tuskegee Airmen) version. I do have a question however. Where can I purchase the metal cut-outs (I think they're medal) for such things as cockpit instrumentation and seat belts. After looking around at some other blogs I found that the one things missing are the seat belts and in the past I've always had trouble putting those tiny decals on the instrumentation panel. My hands are to large. :(

Diolch i chi am eich helpu chi! (Thank you for you help!)

Gwaredd

PS: For anyone who may be interested I'm attaching a link to the YouTube video on the Tuskegee Airmen (The Red Tail Squadron.) It's excellent.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNu9rui_mc

Hmmm...Gold Boobs...sounds like Njaco to a tee! :)

(Sorry Chris...couldn't resist!)

Last edited:
Yeah, well.....

Gwaredd. those metal thingys are known as photo-etched parts. There are numerous threads about them in the Modeling section or just ask - lots of members will help!

Yeah, well.....

Gwaredd. those metal thingys are known as photo-etched parts. There are numerous threads about them in the Modeling section or just ask - lots of members will help!

Diolch Njaco,

I knew it was something like that but I couldn't remember the exact name. I'll browse around the site; I'm sure I'll find something.

Thanks for the help!

Iechyd da! (Cheers!) :)

Gwaredd

Sure it isn't Jaberrrrwocky!
or is it Jibbbbber Jabbber Wockie?
Dunno

Ooooo, Wisconsin..... Isn't Beer the only thing you can find in Wisssconnsinnn, and Polish sausage!?
Any online "Hoppy Shop" will have photo etch parts for the Tamiya, or any other brand of plane.
As well as resin innerds.

Have a good friend who lives in Gwent, Hendra Hall, actually across the lane from a golf course.

Chhers, Bill

Sure it isn't Jaberrrrwocky!
or is it Jibbbbber Jabbber Wockie?
Dunno

Ooooo, Wisconsin..... Isn't Beer the only thing you can find in Wisssconnsinnn, and Polish sausage!?
Any online "Hoppy Shop" will have photo etch parts for the Tamiya, or any other brand of plane.
As well as resin innerds.

Have a good friend who lives in Gwent, Hendra Hall, actually across the lane from a golf course.

Chhers, Bill

Greetings Mate,

Yeah, I think your second translation is the right one. Or, is it transliteration. I dunno either. I'm from Trethomas about six kilometers north of Cardiff as the crow flies.
I wonder why they haven't put Wales as a second country? I'll have to ask one of the Admins. BTW, I haven't found a good pint of bitters since I've been here. I asked for a pint once in a local pub and the bloke looked at me like I had two heads. :mad:

Cheerio!

PS: Thanks for the tip. I'll nose around a wee bit.

Greetings Mate,

BTW, I haven't found a good pint of bitters since I've been here. I asked for a pint once in a local pub and the bloke looked at me like I had two heads. :mad:

Cheerio!

If you have the silly Wesh accent, you coulda asked for a can and gotten the same look. BTW, You were in a Bar!
You'll have to find a quazy English Pub to get a Guiness! Otherwise you'll get a YICK, Budweiser!

If you have the silly Wesh accent, you coulda asked for a can and gotten the same look. BTW, You were in a Bar!
You'll have to find a quazy English Pub to get a Guiness! Otherwise you'll get a YICK, Budweiser!

I might just add that you Aussies sound a little silly yourselves. :D Well, OK, bar then. I'm used to pubs. I live in a rural area with a lot of hillbillies and they mostly drink cheap knats-p**s!

Yeah, I do have a "silly Welsh accent."

Cymru am byth!

Hello, welcome to our funny little world.
The part of Wales I liked best was the Brecon Beacons and The Gower.
Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back