...and All is alright with the World.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haven't had a snort in a while because of my illness but over the holidays I intend to have a few rounds of Crown Royal. Should be enjoyed straight on the rocks. If not available then some of the lower grade stuff like Canadian Club is fine but you have to mix it with something like Gingerale for instance. The good ol' Rye and Ginger.

Last edited:
Guys?
Just be happy that the boze prices ain't the same as they are in Greenland:
One liter of vodka: 1600 DKK.
That's 292 USD.

Reason:
The greenlandic government is doing their best to try and stop the enormous amount of drinking that has been going on in Greenland ever since the first christians "discovered" the island, and with those heavy alcohol taxes, they're finally succeeding.

They suck. I dislike anyone that tries to impose their lifestyle on others around them.
I imagine that Greenland is a pretty barren place. But I am sure that basic human ingenuity will triumph in the form of "home brews".

Agree with ya' there Paul, prohibition didn't work in the U.S. when they tried to "dry up" the nation.

All it did was give the Mafia a golden opportunity to diversify, encouraged the moonshiners and cost the Federal government quite a bit in lost revenues...

Not to mention the fact that inn-keepers, bar owners, breweries, vintners and all involved lost out on their liveliehoods while all this was going on.

Actually, several breweries managed to keep in business by producing non-alcoholic beverages like Rootbeer, Sasparilla and the like.

Henry Weinhardt's Root Beer is probably some of the best out there, still made by the same recipe and process.

Users who are viewing this thread