Another new guy here

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikel

Recruit
Dec 9, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hi Folks......I just found this forum and hope you knowlegable people can help me out with a few things. First off, some intro...In 15 days I will retire after 32 years service in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. One of my retirement projects has always been to research my father's service in the RCAF during the war (1939-45). My Dad flew in Canso's out of Gander Newfoundland and I have a ton of pictures and questions. Not sure yet which forum topic to post generalquestions in but I thought I'd say Hi first......Mike

c0140.gif

G'day Mike, nice to have you join us and I love your city, I was on holiday there just on 2 months ago.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. In the near future I will be able to post some of my Fathers pictures. He was a recon photographer flying in Canso's (PBY) and I have a box full taken over the North Atlantic. He did the developing as well and I think he did 1 for the RCAF, 1 for me thing. Although a lot of then are stamped RCAF property! As I said, I will be retiring January 6th. That's when I turn in the badge. After that I will at last have time to dive into that picture box. A couple of quick questions..does anyone know which section of the Consolodated Canso (PBY - Catalina) the photographer would have worked from. I'm thinking either the side blisters or up front???

Also...any of you English lads near or know anything about Elsham Wolds? My wife's uncle flew in Lancasters out of there (mid upper gunner).

Thanks all

Mike

Far as I know Mike, the photographers operated from the fuselage waist blisters.
I've been past Elsham Wolds a couple of times, although I live about 80 miles from the site. From what I've seen, it's mainly an industrial estate now, but I'll dig out some info for you. Send me a PM with an e-mail address, and I'll get together what info I have.

Hi Mike , welcome to the family

Welcome to theForum! If you want you can post pics in the a/c pic section or make your own photo album> You can also post a pic for questions in the "Pictures Request" thread of the "Aviation Pictures" section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back