Any Dale Brown Fans Here????

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by Bill G., Mar 26, 2009.

1. Bill G.

Bill G. Banned

Retired Guard
    When I read his first book, "Flight of the Old Dog" I was hooked!!!

He writes military fact based fiction is the best way I can describe it. He has good characters that I can identify with.

I served for almost 13 years in the Air Force. So much of what he writes about, I have kind of lived.

So I am wondering have any of you all read any of his many books? And what do you think of them?

Bill G.

2. Geedee

Geedee Well-Known Member

Read all his books. Got some good ideas in them for technological hardware that could quite possibly be made (probably allready do exist !)

He has a style of writing that once the action starts, you just have to keep reading to see how things unfurl. Its a bit like playing a decent first person shooter on the PC, like Half Life 2 or whatever, when you know you really should stop playing but the temptation to take a look around that last corner is too powerfull to resist.

I've been re-reading Flight of the old Dog this past few days and will finish this evening.

Highly recommend his books

3. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Active Member

IT
    Good stuff. I haven't read all of his, its been so long I can't really remember where I left off (I do remember one prototype airplane of his that was mind-controlled by the pilot, who turned out to be a spy or something). Probably need to pick up some more of his again one of these days.

4. evangilder

evangilder "Shooter"
    Staff Member Administrator

Network Engineer/Photographer
    Home Page:
    I read Flight of the Old Dog many years ago and really enjoyed it. I also read his second and third; Silver Tower and Day of the Cheetah. I like his writing style and he keeps the action going right along.

5. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

Yup have enjoyed reading his books, they move right along,perfect waiting at the airport for flight out book.

6. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

Same here!:D

7. Bill G.

Bill G. Banned

Retired Guard
    It is good to see that I am not the only one that enjoys reading Dale Brown!

I have twenty of his books. Plus I have "Flight of the Old Dog" on an Audio CD. I enjoyed listening to story that way.

My dream is to someday model the "Old Dog", the B-52"I". Let me see, just find a B-52H, change the nose to that of an SST, and change to tail to a butterfly configuration. It sounds so easy typing it!

Maybe someday a Dale Brown Group Build????

Bill G.