Any Dale Brown Fans Here???? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bill G.

Banned
Jan 26, 2009
Plainwell, MI
When I read his first book, "Flight of the Old Dog" I was hooked!!!

He writes military fact based fiction is the best way I can describe it. He has good characters that I can identify with.

I served for almost 13 years in the Air Force. So much of what he writes about, I have kind of lived.

So I am wondering have any of you all read any of his many books? And what do you think of them?

Bill G.

Read all his books. Got some good ideas in them for technological hardware that could quite possibly be made (probably allready do exist !)

He has a style of writing that once the action starts, you just have to keep reading to see how things unfurl. Its a bit like playing a decent first person shooter on the PC, like Half Life 2 or whatever, when you know you really should stop playing but the temptation to take a look around that last corner is too powerfull to resist.

I've been re-reading Flight of the old Dog this past few days and will finish this evening.

Highly recommend his books

Good stuff. I haven't read all of his, its been so long I can't really remember where I left off (I do remember one prototype airplane of his that was mind-controlled by the pilot, who turned out to be a spy or something). Probably need to pick up some more of his again one of these days.

I read Flight of the Old Dog many years ago and really enjoyed it. I also read his second and third; Silver Tower and Day of the Cheetah. I like his writing style and he keeps the action going right along.

Yup have enjoyed reading his books, they move right along,perfect waiting at the airport for flight out book.

It is good to see that I am not the only one that enjoys reading Dale Brown!

I have twenty of his books. Plus I have "Flight of the Old Dog" on an Audio CD. I enjoyed listening to story that way.

My dream is to someday model the "Old Dog", the B-52"I". Let me see, just find a B-52H, change the nose to that of an SST, and change to tail to a butterfly configuration. It sounds so easy typing it!

Maybe someday a Dale Brown Group Build????

Bill G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back