*LOL* Okay, at least I know I wasn't the only one who was thinking he was pulling the "racist" card simply to be a prick....or because he was an idiot. I knew that the Army had started putting all-black units on the line very late in the war (instead of just in support roles...although, in one account of the Battle of the Bulge, one of the guys in the 101st had his foxhole near some "colored" artillery unit, and they all shared what meager supplies they had with each other, supported each other unhesitatingly during battles, and even mentioned that the black troops picked up rifles and gave a very good accounting during one skirmish...."Seven Roads to Hell" by Donald R. Burgette). I wasn't sure, off the top of my rather empty head, whether there were any black infantry units at Iwo, but the support troops did a bang-up job no matter where they were. However...."Flags of Our Fathers" was about the six flag raisers. "Letters from Iwo Jima" was from the Japanese side. Neither of which had integrated companies at that time. Spike....you're a moron. History happened, don't change it. And you weren't there, so we owe you nothing. As said before, I salute any serviceman, no matter what his race (or, on occasion, no matter which side he was on). If Spike Lee had served his country, that'd be another matter. He just wants attention.