Arado Ar 196A-3 from the Revell kit in 1/32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To be saved.

Attachments

• Luft color designations.jpg
    Luft color designations.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 232
I managed to do a translation, for myself and for all those interested that doesn't speak German.
It would be great if somebody speaking German will check my translation and correct it if necessary. (It's an Excel file, I can send it via e-mail if requested)
About colors I tried to follow RAL designation mentioned in the original document.
Luft color designations transl.jpg

I know that I posted a big file, but I wanted it to be readable at the best possible.
Alberto

Hello everybody,
I have some new pictures of my Arado.
Nothing very impressive, but I'm moving forward.

DSCN1039.JPG
DSCN1040 rid.jpg
DSCN1041 rid.jpg
DSCN1043.JPG
DSCN1044.JPG

Next step will be to start painting, but there is an idea that's running in my mind since a few days: why should I not try to do something like this:

Fokker Dr1.jpg

Not my model, just a picture found on the web

But here I would appreciate some suggestions from you.
To simulate sea water I found already some two components resin that should do the job, but in your opinion, as my idea is to show her in a dock, what should I use to replicate walls like this

stone wall.jpg

or like this:

brick wall.jpg

Consider that in my project there will be two walls forming an angle; one will be 28 cm (11 inches) long the other 23 cm long. Both being 6 cm tall (2.36 inches)
Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Alberto

I like the model Al but have very little experience with dioramas. I know you can buy pre-made stone or brick plastic sheets.

So I must apologize with all those who gave me info on Arado with fake French roundels, but I changed my mind when I found this picture:

AR 196 A3.jpg

and the relevant profile:

Arado Ar 196 A-3 7R BK left.jpg

More colored, with the MTO bands and more local, as that picture was taken in Athens.

I also found myself the answer to my query, what should I use for docks?

I sent already my order for this Italeri item:

5612_box.jpg

The adventure continue ...
Alberto

Im interested in your diarama concept as well. in the upcoming Seaplanes GB, I was thinking if just using moulding clay with a putty knifeto simulate water.....you can also buy a gel to simulate it. A third option I was considering, just for photographing the completed model was to seal up the floats on the inside with modelling dope, weighting the model to get the CG looking right and then just sitting the model in actual tank of water, perhaps colourised with blue and /or green food colouring added to the water. these are just ideas....ive never actually done it .

I will watch how you approach this with a lot of interest

Im interested in your diarama concept as well. in the upcoming Seaplanes GB, I was thinking if just using moulding clay with a putty knifeto simulate water.....you can also buy a gel to simulate it. A third option I was considering, just for photographing the completed model was to seal up the floats on the inside with modelling dope, weighting the model to get the CG looking right and then just sitting the model in actual tank of water, perhaps colourised with blue and /or green food colouring added to the water. these are just ideas....ive never actually done it .

I will watch how you approach this with a lot of interest
Hi, I'm away from home for aprox a week, so I cannot post pictures today.
Basically I made already a sort of flat box using celar perspex.
The Italeri Stuff, after painting and weathering, will glued on tuo sides to represent a corner of the dock.
To simulate water, I intend to use two component clear resin, probably from Prochima, slightly coloured with green and blue.
For the sea bed, I'm planning to use sea sand, yes, real sand fixed with pva glue.
Hopefully it will work ... Let's wait and see.
Alberto

Not yet received the Italeri stuff but, being back home, I can post a picture of my "box":

DSCN1063.JPG

and some progress done on the model:

DSCN1065.JPG
DSCN1066.JPG
DSCN1067.JPG
DSCN1069.JPG
DSCN1070.JPG

so, undersurfaces painted with RLM 65 (Gunze H 67) and wing tips painted RLM 04 (Gunze H413)

Ready to start with upper surfaces, for the time being just primed.
Alberto

After some time I can post a few pictures showing the next step: the first coat of RLM76 paint.
I used the only acrylic I found available (Fluoquil) with the addition of few drops of RLM04 yellow to help the contrast with RLM72.
DSCN1071.JPG
DSCN1072.JPG

DSCN1071.JPG

DSCN1073.JPG

As mentioned in the last picture work on this model is suspended until September because I moved for the Summer to my holiday house and I didn't took it with me: too large to transport.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back