Arado Ar 196A-3 from the Revell kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks Wojtek, really great pictures and a very link for future needs on engines.
First I learned that the two round things in front have a round grill, need to see if I find something similar in my spare box, second I have a better idea on cabling.
Alberto

Alberto, looks like the Revell engine already has the plug leads molded into the cylinders.

You are absolutely correct, there are already two plug leads and there is no need for a third one!!! I was misleaded by this picture that refers to a different version of BMW 132 engine

BMW_132E.jpg

Also, the very nice pictures posted by Wojtek refers to the "K" version of the engine with two plug leads but with an apparently different arrangement on the back side

The one supplied by Revell:

DSCN0979.JPG

the real one:

BMW 132K (2).JPG

so I need to search more if I want to better detail this part of the model, that will be visible as shown in this photo taken from the web

006-5_zps21b92e96.jpg

Alberto

Just to let you know that I probably found myself some of the answers to my questions: the engine supplied by Revell seems to be a BMW 132 De as can be seen here:

bmw-132de_bi01.jpg

Just as matter of curiosity and going totally o.t., look at the engine in this motorbike:

DSC_0245.JPG

Alberto

According to the book about the Ar-196 the BMW 132Dc powered prototypes. The A-5 variant of Arado floatplane was powered by the BMW 132W. Other types of the plane were powered by BMW 132K. Here is the only diagram of the engine attaching I found via the net.

ar196silnik.jpg

Last edited:
So I will have to use some "artist licence" once more because that's the engine supplied with the kit.

Thanks to pictures posted by Wojtek and using some "artist licence", I started improving the engine, adding some wiring and piping and I have once more a question: gasoline pipe should be yellow, same as wiring, but who knows the colour for oil pipe?
Many thanks in advance for any sort of support.
Alberto

I think the oil pipe was of the same colour the oil tank was.

So, if I'm right, this should be the oil tank and is painted RLM02 as everything else, therefore the relevant pipe should be painted same colour, if I don't discover anything different.
20140326_230507 edit.jpg

Aberto
A

Looks right to me Alberto I painted mine the same colour.

Attachments

• _MG_0037.jpg
    _MG_0037.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 156
  • _MG_0035.jpg
    _MG_0035.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back