Arado Ar 196A-3 from the Revell kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I purchased that Eduard kit already because there are in it some items that I think can are useful to add some more details.

Yes, I have noticed that you bought the Eduard set later. But I didn't want to remove the part of my post as it can come in handy for other guys. :)

THX Wayne. :)

Started working on this one as well.

First, while I was producing the decals I needed for my Dewoitine D.520 model, I also did the French decals for the Arado in case I will stay with the idea of plane on board of the German auxiliary cruiser Kormoran
stencils.jpg

Then put my hands on the cockpit parts, as you can see here following:

20140326_230215.jpg
20140326_230507.jpg
20140326_230541.jpg
20140326_231128.jpg
DSCN0917.JPG
DSCN0949.JPG
DSCN0956.JPG

More to follow soon
Alberto

Many thanks Vaughan for your comment and thanks for the link to your very nice built, it will be an inspiration for me.
In facts I painted mine in Gunze H70 RLM02 but it's not clearly visible due to the bad lighting of my pictures.
I also added some ribs inside the fuselage
DSCN0932.JPG

and sprayed with RLM02, again it looks grey due to the bad light.
About the dashboard I'm ready with the p.e. supplied by Eduard: it's very well detailed but I'm still considering to use the one supplied with the kit which has a better relief.
In this case I will use Luftwaffe instrument dials decals supplied by MDC.
Alberto

Hi,
some small steps forward on this build.
I completed the pilot seat, but no seat belts yet ...
DSCN0981.JPG
DSCN0983.JPG
DSCN0984.JPG
DSCN0985.JPG

Also assembled the engine.
DSCN0977.JPG
DSCN0978.JPG
DSCN0979.JPG

As you may have noticed, I wanted to add leads going from spark-plug to ...this is the question! Does anybody have picture showing where those leads have to be connected?
For instance in this picture concerning Fiat A-74 engine, you can clearly see that those leads are all going to an annular collector:

Fiat A74_01.jpg

But so far I found nothing on the BMW 132.

Many thanks in advance for any help
Alberto

By the way, RLM02 colour in my pictures looks grey, I need to study my camera to understand why because, for instance in this picture you can see the correct RLM02 colour:

DSCN0970.JPG

Last edited:
A few more shots to see if sunlight helps capturing the right colour shade...

DSCN0978.JPG
DSCN0979.JPG
DSCN0980.JPG
DSCN0981.JPG

:oops::oops::oops:
not really, I must understand why.

By the way, no suggestions so far on the spark-plug leads, I think that I will have to use some "artistic licence"
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back