Arado Ar 196A-3 from the Revell kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No progress on the aeroplane model itself, because I wanted first to understand how the little diorama I had in mind will came out.
The result can be seen in the following pictures:

View attachment 275401

View attachment 275402

View attachment 275403

Not too bad, I think, but, beside being a good exercise, it's of no use in this case because isn't large enough, unfortunately.
I tried to find a compromise between my lack of space and aeroplane model size but I failed.
In any case I will keep my diorama, also because I purchased already the product to make the water. May be in the future I will find something like a row-boat to fit in it.
Soon I will go back working on the model.
Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry!:oops::oops:

DSCN1105.JPG
DSCN1106.JPG
DSCN1107.JPG

They should be OK, now.
The darker area is supposed to mark the portion under the sea level.

Alberto

Mi estimado Alberto!!

These first photos of your diorama look spectacular. :shock:

I've been watching all your desk and I'm sure it will be a beautiful project.
Congratulations and I am attentive to what goes on ...

Saludos 8)

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Hello,
as I mentioned before, unfortunately my dock arrangement is too small for the Arado.
I took a couple of picture to try to explain what I mean

For sure it will not work if displayed with the tail towards the dock:

DSCN1138.JPG
DSCN1139.JPG

Probably a bit better with the nose pointing in that direction

DSCN1140.JPG
DSCN1141.JPG

I will see. May be I will do in that way if I don't find any better solution.

About the "water" I have already purchased a resin and did test with a small quantity added with just a drop of green and one of blue: it works I think very well.
Alberto

After many months, I decided to move forward this model as well.
Given that my diorama is too small for the plane but still will to show it in the "water", I tried a different approach.
I purchased one of those aluminium pie backing tin of a suitable diameter (26 cm) and I filled it with several layers of resin.
The first thin layer was painted with acrylics in order to cover the pattern present on the bottom of the backing tin and to try to give a sense of deep.
Next layer, about 1 cm thick, was coloured with a few drops of blue and green while next two layers were transparent.
The result is this:
DSCN1399.JPG

Of course I will have to remove the backing tin at the end, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

May be it's far from perfects I think I couldn't have done anything better.

But now I'm in a stage that I will appreciate any suggestion on how to go further.
My goal is to simulate this situation: a calm sea water with just little waves:
AR 196 A3.jpg

So, I will position the model with its floats on the top of the resin and pure more resin in order to partially submerge the floats.
That will work, but the new surface will be perfectly flat, how could I add some waves? I thought to use a brush to stir the resin when it's already almost solid, but it will be very difficult to do this under the belly of the plane, therefore, as I said above, I will appreciate any suggestion.
Many thanks
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back