Are French bombers Ugly?

Are French Bombers Ugly?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does anyone know the performance of these crates though. I just wonder if they are ugly in looks not in performance.

:{)

this is mainly due to the fact that our government had never considered the renewal of our fleet as a priority. Unfortunately the rising of the Nazi regime in Germany forced the Government to consider new projects but aircraft were all "old fashioned" before they made their first flight.

It is a French tradition to have ugly aircraft, especially during the 1930-1950 period. Except for the Dewointine 520 and all fighter series, the persons in charge of the projects have always looked backwards and made the models according to what was done and persistenly had trouble looking forward. As such design was something odd to them.

Phil

This is nice looking and seemed to have impressive performance.

http://www.dassaultfalcon.com/whatsnew/falconer_article.jsp?DOCNUM=40083&IDOCNUM=40082

MB 174 series begins, to date the most famous planes to carry the Bloch name. MB 174-176 are light bomber/attack aircraft with excellent flying qualities and a 280-kt cruise. Over 1000 are produced. A reconnaissance derivative called the MB 175 was used in North Africa, astounding the Germans with its speed and altitude capabilities. During the war, the Germans consider producing their own version. After the war, production is resumed by Sud-Ouest.

...And you guys say the jug is ugly! Whew!!

What was that gull winged bomber? I dont know much about the French stuff.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
A loire Nuiport (sp?) LN.40, an early dive bomber, a very attractive one too.........
looks like an uglier version of the stuka

French Bombers make the Jug look like an Italian 5 series fighter

French Bombers make the Jug look like an Italian 5 series fighter

i see that as being complimentary to the french bombers as the jug is also very attractive whereas the Series 5s aren't.........

Actually I just read that for many of these crates, the Luftwaffe evaluated them, saw thier performance and therefore passed them on to thier "Allies" who in turn evaluated them, saw thier performance and either used them as trainers and target tows.

:{)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back