Are you or have you ever been in the Armed Forces?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaps,

Not everyone who uses this board is white, middle-class, British, canadian or US. Please keep comments about others races / religions to PM. This board is open for all, folks, please try to remember that.

I realise emotions can run high but.... please, remember, other folks have the same rights we treasure for ourselves including the right to emigrate.

Kiwimac

Perhaps I got a little caught up in the emotion. I am not racist and never intended my comments to seem that way. I have no problem with someone immigrating to the US legally. But they should be prepared to assimilate. It is okay to retain your culture, but no one should expect driver's manuals and things like that to be in their language. I just get really angry that the US government gives better benefits to immigrants than veterans. That's just not right. I understand that immigrants are just starting out and may need some help. and I don't have any problem with that. But I DO have a problem with the assistance they qualify for is better than for our vets.

After walking through the VA hospital in Westwood in the late 1980's, I realized that once they have no use for you anymore, you are pretty much forgotten. I got offered a measly $25/month for hearing loss suffered while in the Air Force. I turned it down. I figure if it goes to someone who needs it more gets it, all the better. $25 a month won't bring back my hearing anyway.

It's just a shame that some of the guys that have come back from Iraq are turning up in homeless shelters already! They are usually still suffering from wounds received and haven't gotten back on their feet. That's just not right.

kiwimac said:
Chaps,

Not everyone who uses this board is white, middle-class, British, canadian or US. Please keep comments about others races / religions to PM. This board is open for all, folks, please try to remember that.

I realise emotions can run high but.... please, remember, other folks have the same rights we treasure for ourselves including the right to emigrate.

Kiwimac

I know - I wasnt being racist in any way, I would feel the same about immigration no matter who it was. Evan is right though, its not right that they get priority opver Veterans (To be honest I wasnt even aware that was going on)

Kiwimac, I hear what you're saying about these boards, and it wasn't my intention to start a revolution or anything.
Maybe I got a bit carried away with the comments, but alcohol and years of pent up emotion will do that to you. 8-[

I will defend this one point, that I think everyone who's posted in this thread will agree with: Political correctness has gotten way, way out of hand!
Those of us in the racial/religious majority should in no way be made to feel shame for what we are! Alright, I've said enough!

Maestro said:
Me being from Danish "sources", loving USA, UK, West-Canada and Jews, being capitalist, federalist and Atheist... Well, I'm a Lone-Wolf.

You didn't mention East-Canada. :lol:

Seeing how I get slammed almost daily for being an American, using the term Ra*head or J*p, or Ch*nk, or Kr*ut, or Pol*ck, or Sp*c doesnt really seem that bad to me.....

I think that a sizeable percent of the worlds population hates me because Im an American, and uses many derogatory comments to describe my nationality, and me.....

I dont hate Ra*heads or J*ps, or Ch*nks, or Ni**ers, or Kr*uts, or Pol*cks, or Sp*cs.....

I dont happen to use any of those words because I have close pals from all over the world, but, there are many worse things said on these boards besides the slang terminology used to describe some nationalities....

I wish people wouldnt be so overly sensitive concerning the political correctness of "Feelings"..... I was in Iraq and the Iraqis actually didnt find the term Ra*head to be offensive... We called them that all the time.... Try saying Ni**er like that in Detroit....

Anyone know some really good American derogatory nicknames????

I know of Seppo from the Aussies, and Yank.... Anything else youve heard???

I've got a brother inlaw from Lebanon that I call a rag head all the time. He couldn't care less, but maybe that's just him! One thing I don't call him is 'sand ni*ger'! He'd rip my head off, and I could see why!

American nicknames, eh? :-k

I've heard some folks use the term 'semi' for Americans, but I'll be damned if I have a clue what that's all about. :dontknow: You hear 'Yank' quite often, but that's pretty much it.

lesofprimus said:
But torture for fun? That's messed up, and something Hussain's bully boys would do. We're better than that.
I agree with the second part of that, but I don't consider making guys get naked and taking pics of them torture.... Do you???

Ok I ( against the better judgment of most people I know), see the need to go to war and the need for armed forces, because by nature a % of humans are complete and utter shyte and beyond any normal laws. But
Les, whether you are willing to see it or not, that it is in-fact torture.
with such open disregard for human life, it's a good job your out of it all now. Feel free to be aggressive towards me Les, I will send virtual hugs right back at ya.
;)
I hate political correctness gone mad, as much as you guys, but when it comes to 'I have a dream' and United Colours of Benetton, you have to say 'fair enough' ;) .

for those who don't: www.stormfront.org

Stripping a bunch of guys and taking pics of them piled on top of one another is considered torture?????

Tell that to the dudes that stayed in the Hanoi Hilton for 15 months... Theyd laugh in ur face....

Tell that to Chief Warrant Officer Michael Durant, of Blackhawk Down Fame, who was tortured by Somolis for 10 days.... They broke his fingers.... The repeatedly smashed 2X4's into his chest... Ask him if he thinks posing naked men in a pile would be torture....

Im not being aggresive, because u have the right to have ur own opinion, which i respect.... But, if u look at the larger picture, u'll see if was all just goofin around....

I mean seriously, during SEAL training, we went through Capture, Interrogation, and Evade Training that was worse than that Abu Grad crap....

Medvedya said:
This is all good stuff - loads of serious expertise from all branches!

I've been in uniform myself once, but you don't wanna know about that..... (one year in the TA and a year at ROTC) :lol:
I was in the Girl guides for 5 years Med, possibly saw more violence there M8 :lol: (joke).
NonSkimmer, so you are in the Navy now..... tell us more. Anyone else still in the forces or have you been in the forces?? I wanted to join the army when I left school but my mum refused to sign the papers. My friend talked me into going with her for an entrance exam ( as she didn't want to go alone) to get into a collage, I passed and she didn't ( Oops), so my path went in a very different direction. So..... why/how/what happened to get you on your course????

kiwimac said:
Chaps,

Kiwimac

Aaaaaaaaaactually, I'm not white, but technically am American due to being born here, but I don't care...

My English is the best in my school, and my parents came legally from Brasil.

lesofprimus said:
Stripping a bunch of guys and taking pics of them piled on top of one another is considered torture?????

Tell that to the dudes that stayed in the Hanoi Hilton for 15 months... Theyd laugh in ur face....

Tell that to Chief Warrant Officer Michael Durant, of Blackhawk Down Fame, who was tortured by Somolis for 10 days.... They broke his fingers.... The repeatedly smashed 2X4's into his chest... Ask him if he thinks posing naked men in a pile would be torture....

Im not being aggresive, because u have the right to have ur own opinion, which i respect.... But, if u look at the larger picture, u'll see if was all just goofin around....

I mean seriously, during SEAL training, we went through Capture, Interrogation, and Evade Training that was worse than that Abu Grad crap....

Except for getting your pods (thanks for the word, Evan!) shocked, right?

I hope so, or else military training sucks!

straight guys don't spend a whole lot of time taking pictures of a pile of naked men, if you ask me ( unless you are terrorising them of course).
I agree.. I really dont see the whole point to it... Whoever came up with the idea is a real big moron......

Except for getting your pods (thanks for the word, Evan!) shocked, right?
Actually, we did use a crank powered phone once and awhile.. The phone leads were stripped back... Wind one end around the dudes left big toe, and the other around his right one, and give em a crank.... Sure makes em dance.. EEerrrrr..... I mean wiggle.....

Yeah, I saw that in a film called 'Tigerland' - not nice! :eeeeek:

Mind you, I wonder if army rat packs could be catagorised as torture?

Thanks, Nonskimmer. I've forgotten East-Canada.

Crippen said:
Ok I ( against the better judgment of most people I know), see the need to go to war and the need for armed forces, because by nature a % of humans are complete and utter shyte and beyond any normal laws. But
with such open disregard for human life, it's a good job your out of it all now. Feel free to be aggressive towards me Les, I will send virtual hugs right back at ya.
;)
I hate political correctness gone mad, as much as you guys, but when it comes to 'I have a dream' and United Colours of Benetton, you have to say 'fair enough' ;) .

One thing you need to know, Crippen : there is NO law at war. There never was, and never will be. The Geneve Convention sounds good only for paper-workers, not for soldiers.

At war, you have to torture ennemy officers to save your mates' lives and may be civilan lives.

During WW II, when Germany captured Allied or Russian pilots, do you really think Gaestapo did NOT tortured them to get informations ?

The same thing has been done by Allied and Russian MP toward German prisonners. If they haven't done it, may be they couldn't have got the informations to successfully land on D-Day.

That's the same thing in Irak.

When that Marine girl was captured (I think it was during the Afganisthan war, but that's the same bunch of fanatics), she went there on her two legs and was freed by a commando team wich got her away on a stretcher, with her both legs broken and (I think) she got pregnant during her capture time.

There is NO law at war. Don't forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back