Aust Model Expo (Melb) 2007

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Opps, sorry guys made them a bit too big.

These next shots show the Cutting Edge and Eagle editions comparisons with explanation, a big thanks to Eagle editions for the work they do in this field of camo and markings..

Ok so how do I reduce the size once posted when this happens?

Pictures resized!

Attachments

• Fw190A-8 JG301 Side Profile aa.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Fw190A-8 JG301 Side Profile bb.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Fw190A-8 JG301 Data cc.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 76

THX Wayne for the info.I agree with you thatr the chevron and number combination can be found on a few aircraft.But it is quite rare.As far as the red-yellow stripes on the engine cowling are concerned,I have somewhere a pic of captured and tested Fw 190A in USA.On its cowling there is visible two-colour strip.It is exactly at the same place like in the uploaded by you pics.However the rest of cowling seems to be in bare metal colour.The Fw had the German markings overpainted and the USA national ones weren't painted.There is still visible a number "3" posible red or yellow on the fuselage.

Maybe I will show this to the wife as and have a shot at a larger than 20" monitor. (Speaking of which, i love my Sceptre Naga 20" widy)

Still on 1/72 Modified, resized the Fw 190 stuff on the previous page with success.

I will post some more images of my '190 in the 'post your models' section!

Attachments

• 1_72_MOD_F-14_6371.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 1_72_MOD_F-104_6373.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 86
Lots of folks don't know that that Starfighter held the speed and altitude and speed to altitude records for years before the Soviets broke it with the (I believe) Mig 25 Foxbat.

Ok moving onto the enhanced section in 1/72 scale...

Wildcat you will enjoy this section, a few Aussie subjects starting with...

Attachments

• 1_72_ENH_P51K_6637.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 1_72_ENH_P51K_6639.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 76
Lots of folks don't know that that Starfighter held the speed and altitude and speed to altitude records for years before the Soviets broke it with the (I believe) Mig 25 Foxbat.

I beleive the records were way back broken by the A-12 OXCART (about 10 years earlier to the Foxbat's maiden flight) and her derivates; the FY-12 and the famous SR-71. Still the 104 was a nice "bullet" design based on the X-1 basic aerodynamic concept. I think the Foxbat was built in response to the XB-70... but now I'm going off topic here Very nice models, the 104 is great!

Users who are viewing this thread