Authentic Colors for your warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks interesting, thanks Beau. The prices look exceptionally inviting, compared to 'normal' modelling paints. The UK distributor might only sell in full 'sets' of colours, but I'll give them a call and find out. The smaller tins are more than ten times the size of the average tin of modelling paint, as they're aimed at builders of larger, flying models, but this equates very well price wise, at about a third of the price proportionally. Could be good news for me!

8 years down the road now, anyone ever use this....

upload_2017-11-1_11-55-43.png

Thanks for posting this. I'm working on a 1:48 B-24, and as a kid I swore I saw photos of the interiors in Yellow Zinc Chromate, and not Interior Green, but darned if I can find any reference photos save for this one:

141014-F-IO108-010.jpg

I know they were yellow at the factory often, but I know I saw some fielded into combat that way.

From what I've seen in my numerous references for the B-24, interior crew areas were in Interior Green or Bronze Green, although some areas, such as bomb bay and nose wheel entrance, have sometimes been seen in Zinc Chromate, both 'yellow' and 'green', with internal structures such as inside the wings also in yellow ZC.
Colours could, of course, depend on the sub-type and the production factory and date of production.

Indeed. Quite confusing. I remember some full color photos in a book as a kid but I can not remember the title. The photo above is from the defense department, but they could have made an error in restoration. I just don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back