B-17 Underbelly Color.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0020.jpg
. This is an aileron on a glassed and primed outer wing panel. This is hinged using a 1/16"th inch wire running the entire length as a hinge for the assembly to pivot on. I am using two popsicle sticks epoxied together as stand-offs for a total of five for the aileron to pivot on. The wire runs through a nylon sleeve inside the aileron and through holes drilled through the stand-offs.

IMG_0016-2-1.jpg
. Here is another view of the aileron showing the sleeved hole. The nylon prevents wear from the wire and keeps a smooth running operation going as well.

Mustang1.jpg
. I just came across a few more of the Mustang. Well, I have to get going here for now. I've got some salmon I'm smoking and I'm also stir frying dinner tonight. I'll be back in awhile. You take care now.

IMG_0004-1.jpg
. Now to box it all up. Those of you familiar with CA glue can tell. I usually use kicker. Tell you folks right now, when this stuff sets up and that little cloud of smoke goes off that's it for me. It's like getting a face full of nitromethane. My eyes and nose tear up and burn like no one's business! Then back to work I go! Are we modelers or what!

IMG_0006-1.jpg
. Filled and rough sanded. The leading edge will need rounding and fillets will be layed down inside to smooth the corner transitions out. And finally fine mesh screen will be installed in the backside.

Got it. It's just that it seems to be wearing the non existant blue of the 361st FG (was actually OD and RAF Dark green) from WW2, with the post 1947 USAF stars and bars with the red stripe. But now that you've explained, I presume the model is finished as it once looked post WW2.

Got it. It's just that it seems to be wearing the non existant blue of the 361st FG (was actually OD and RAF Dark green) from WW2, with the post 1947 USAF stars and bars with the red stripe. But now that you've explained, I presume the model is finished as it once looked post WW2.
. Yes the red stripe is a give away for anything after the war. You got it! The blue I slapped on is darker than it should be in all fairness though as I understand. So that could be the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back