B25 down (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am glad to hear the crew survived. What is the condition of the plane? I was planning to take a ride in the B-25 here in Mesa, Arizona sometime next year. My wife may make me rethink that after she finds out. Damn!

What the...??

Good to hear the crew got out safely, but man...this isn't going to help the argument to keep 'em flying any.

As far as perishing in a warbird crash, I think that a person would have a far greater chance of being hit by lightning twice on the same day that they win the super-lotto...

In less than 2 days. Terrible, but once again, good the crew got out alright.

Un avion s'est crashé ce mardi 31 mai vers 17 h 30 près de l'aérodrôme de Melun-Villaroche (Seine-et-Marne), entre Moissy-Cramayel et Réau.

Crash happened on May 31 2011.

Looks like it will probably become a hanger queen.

Attachments

• B-25-Russells-Raiders.jpg
    B-25-Russells-Raiders.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 87
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 1475103_crash.jpg
    1475103_crash.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 87
Its a French owned plane and the french can be beautifully stubborn when it is about vintage airplanes. So fingers crossed i will fly again.

First the B-17 and now this B-25. A terrible week for Warbird Aviation.

I saw this one fly in Stuttgart 2 years ago. Beautiful plane. Any word on whether this one is restorable?

Here are some pics I took of the aircraft back in 2009:

8-2.jpg

10-3.jpg

11-3.jpg

14-3.jpg

Last edited:
First the B-17 and now this B-25. A terrible week for Warbird Aviation.
I saw this one fly in Stuttgart 2 years ago. Beautiful plane. Any word on whether this one is restorable?

Chris, B-25 crash landed on May 31, 2 weeks ago. They say they will get it back in the air but it will last a while...

What the...??

Good to hear the crew got out safely, but man...this isn't going to help the argument to keep 'em flying any.

As far as perishing in a warbird crash, I think that a person would have a far greater chance of being hit by lightning twice on the same day that they win the super-lotto...

I agree. Could you tell my wife that for me?:) Actually she will probably come around to letting me do it, there will just be a lot more conversation about it now.

Not a great week as has already been said. Good to see that everyone got out safety. From the pictures she looks in slightly better shape than the B-17 but no doubt that is the close to the end of her flying career.

Yes, its a shambles whichever way you look at it and a real shame.
Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back