Babysitter Monster! and Rainbow

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro said:
I think all I can answer to that video is :

*Texan accent*
Whaddafawk ? :crazy:

I take it you didn't watch Rainbow as a kid?

Its amazing that we grew up into smart, intelligent, VIABLE human beings, after being subjected to that sort of reality numbing bulls*it...

While we did not have that same show here in the States, we had alot of similar sh*t.... Electric Company, Seasame Street, Zoom ect ect.... I swear, the adults back in the day were just trying to grow a crop of dorks......

Tiger said:
I take it you didn't watch Rainbow as a kid?

No, I didn't even heard of that show.

As Les stated, we (at least I (may be Les is a little old for that)) watched Seasame Street. How can a 5 years old (french-speaking) kid watch and understand an English show on CBC ? It's a mystery. However, I did understand what they were saying. Weird...

Kids shows that abused me were Captain Kangaroo. mr Dress up and the Friendly Giant

Then that show had a pretty long life... I remember watching it when I was 5.

Anyway... The shows for kids in that time were still better than the ones kids have today. When you look at those shows, now you know why this world is full of sickos...

How do they call the show of those four fagish characters... Oh, yes ! The Teletubbies. How can kids watch that show ? After five minutes, I want to take the TV and throw it across the wall.

Kids shows are video baby sitters they are good for having your kids close at hand and causing no grief but now you never see kids playing outside, everybody is in playing video or something to me thats scary every kid now is sheltered from all adversity such as bullies , mischief, and basic reality

Maestro said:
As Les stated, we (at least I (may be Les is a little old for that)) watched Seasame Street. How can a 5 years old (french-speaking) kid watch and understand an English show on CBC ? It's a mystery. However, I did understand what they were saying. Weird...
What? Didn't they run it in French too? I know the Sesame Street I watched as a kid was full of French. Hell, half the goddamn show was in French.

"Alright kids, can you say this letter (B)? That's right, "la lettre Beh!"
You wanna talk about confusing.

Anyhoo, I watched a lot of the same shows that les listed off there. Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Zoom...I also watched Mr. Dressup and Friendly Giant. I always thought Casey was a bit of a fag. :lol:

when I was 5 you were lucky to get three stations no 24hr some places up to 6 channels all antenna no cable or satellite if you had a remote you'd be the talk of the town no FM radio lots of 57 chevys to hear a jet engine was an oddity lots of C119s Flyimg Boxcars .Pv2 Neptunes

Captain Kangaroo for sure..... Never heard of ur last 2 there pb/NS, Mr. Dressup and Friendly Giant....

The New Zoo Review was another show pretty popular, although I was alittle old for that, my younger brother loved Freddy the Frog.... There was a Lady Hippo and a geeky *** Owl as well...

And of course, the asexual Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood...

Nonskimmer said:
What? Didn't they run it in French too? I know the Sesame Street I watched as a kid was full of French. Hell, half the goddamn show was in French.

"Alright kids, can you say this letter (B)? That's right, "la lettre Beh!"
You wanna talk about confusing.

Well, we didn't have a translated version for the French channels. But you're right, the CBC version had some French parts... I remember seeing a white square on a red background with a voice saying : "Le Carré".

Anyway... At least those shows were a little educationnal. What kids have now is simply... sensless. And in some cases, gay.

P.S. Was Mr. Dressup the old man showing the kids how to build all kind of stuff like paper houses and kites ? If yes I also remember watching his show.

Maestro said:
P.S. Was Mr. Dressup the old man showing the kids how to build all kind of stuff like paper houses and kites ? If yes I also remember watching his show.
That sounds like it. He would always dress up in costumes that he pulled out of his "tickle trunk". Hence the name of the show. There were two puppets on the show, Casey (a little boy) and Finnegan (a grey dog). Even as a kid, I thought Casey was the one real fruity part of the show. :lol:

Yeah... I remember those puppets. But I think they replaced them in the last years of the show. Last time I fell on his TV show on CBC (approximately five years ago) he seemed to have replaced those puppets by a single one... A black bird with a red T-shirt... I think it had a red cap too.

Unless I'm mistaking with an other show...

I wouldn't know, I stopped watching it when I was about six or seven. ;)

Ernie Coombs (Mr. Dressup) died five years ago of a stroke. Actually, Bob Homme, the guy who played the Friendly Giant, died a few years ago too. Shame.

I never really watched kids shows...I was happy with Top Gear episodes and other car related videos...Pingu is a classic though, people of all ages can enjoy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back