Basic Guide to Brush Painting. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've had quite a few questions aked over the last couple of months concerning brush-painting models, so here's a (very) rough guide which might help some of you.
I apologise if it seems a bit long-winded at the begining, but I'm a firm believer in knowing how things work, and a little understanding of how the materials one is using actually behave can help in achieving better results. Also, the sketches, included at the end of the PDF, are very rough, as this article was originally 'thrown together' a year ago, to help Karl, so I'm afraid the illustrations are very basic!
I hope it proves useful!

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - BRUSH PAINTING WITH HUMBROL ENAMELS.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,038
I have just discovered this shortly after applying a criminally schlonky paint job to a 1/72 Spitfire... sooner or later, in spite of myself, I might find myself applying some quality control...
Many thanks Terry, really useful!

I've another idea for a GB! All kits have to be brush-painted, NO airbrushes. The Back to Basics GB :lol:

It's quiet here in work tonight, thanks for providing some reading to see me through till lunchtime Terry :thumbleft:

LOL just read how to apply mottling with a brush, use drybrush technique... Never done that neither. I really should have a normal learning curve :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back