Bass or Electric?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you sure you have actually listened to the album? There is some amazing drumming on that album!

Opinions are opinions my friend and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but I really have to disagree with you here. AJFA is a great album!!!

It is, as it contains some of Metallica's best songs. I actually own the album myself (together with all their albums). Lars plays good as ever, but I really didn't like the sound of the drums or the lack of full sound on the album. Metal should be played IMHO with full trebble and full bass and lower mid. On this album they actually filtered the lower frequencies, making the bass less obvious and the drums sound like they were played in a plastic box IMO.

It is, as it contains some of Metallica's best songs. I actually own the album myself (together with all their albums). Lars plays good as ever, but I really didn't like the sound of the drums or the lack of full sound on the album. Metal should be played IMHO with full trebble and full bass and lower mid. On this album they actually filtered the lower frequencies, making the bass less obvious and the drums sound like they were played in a plastic box IMO.

Your opinion my friend. I believe the album sounds great. The reason they filtered out the Bass was because Cliff was not playing the parts. As for the drums well I think they sound great as well. The whole album is amazing.

I could be saying this though because I am the greatest Metallica fan ever! ;)

By the way Marcel are you going to any Dutch Festivals this year.

I might be buying tickets to the Arrow Rock Festival in the Netherlands. The Festival is on June 15.

Line up is:

Kiss
Journey
Def Leppard
Twisted Sister
REO Speedwagon
Whitesnake
Kansas

True, my opinion. The album is still great, though. The songs are great, especially live.
I'm considering spending a day at the pinkpop festival. But I haven't got tickets, yet. I'll probably attending some of the smaller festivals around. Didn't think of Arrows. Could be fun.

Same here. Me and 2 of my friends are trying to figure out how to pull it off. The festival is on a Sunday and we have to work on Monday. Somehow we have to drive from Nijmegen to Bavaria over night. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back