Worlds Greatest Bass Player...

Worlds Greates Bass Guitarist...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I voted for Sir Paul though I wonder who the second person who voted for him was. :rolleyes:

Reason: If you listen to the bass lines after "Revolver" he opened up music to the world of bass. Set the stage for all that came after and some of the tracks he put down are awesome to follow. Melds with the music and establishes the bottom.

will now go back to my failsafe area.

Jaco

Listen to his self titled album and be stunned and the tonal range and emotion conveyed through one 4 stringed instrument. Truly The greatest bassist ever in my opinion. R.I.P

Lucky I like Primus then...
Brown is my favourite album, i know its not the most popular choice but i love the gritty feel of it. Followed by cheese and then frizzle fry. I am so pissed off i never saw them live.

I saw them live over 8 times in my years, probably more like 10-12, including a show by Primate back in 1986, which was Claypools fiirst band.... Ive been with Primus and Les since the beginnings, just like the bands Clutch, Helmet, Sevendust, Tool, RATM and Soundgarden...

U got balls claiming u like the Brown album best... Theres 3 songs on it that I like and have saved on my IPOD, Golden Boy, Puddin Taine and The Chastising of Renegade....

My prefrence of Primus albums is thus:
Suck On This
Frizzle Fry
Pork Soda
Seas of Cheese

Favortie songs???
Tommy The Cat
Winonas Big Brown Beaver
Mr Know It All
Pudding Time

If ANYONE here can come up with another guy who plays the bass far beyond the realm of normal men, AND sings the songs, lemme know, because the only other one who comes close in this catagory is Geddy Lee...

Yes
he is rather old man now, I lost track of him after Cream dissolved. And I must admit that I had to google Robin Trower to find out who he is. But the name of his earlier band Procol Harum surely ring a bell, A Whiter Shade of Pale sprung immediately to my mind.

Yes all those progressive rock bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back