Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

The Worlds Greatest Guitarist...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wouldn't complain about any of them being put on the radio, but I've got to go with Yngwie Malmsteen, if you question it, listen to Arpeggio's From Hell or his Acoustic Guitar Solo on Youtube. Flat out amazing.

It all depends on the type of Music, for melodic old style Rock Guitar I'd have to vote for Hendrix or early Clapton. For all out guitar shredding I'd say I little known guitarist from Texas named Eric Johnson. For Blues/slide would be another Texan by the name of Johnny Winter (his rock stuff from the early mid 70's was awesome as well). For accoustic my favorites with be an old Flatpicker/Finterpicker by the name of Doc Watson. He was blinded due to illness in his younger years and it is amazing to hear him play what he plays without ever laying eyes on a fingerboard.
Those are just a few of my favorites, don't get into the Metal Genre of music so I have no faves there.

I picked Zakk Wylde but to me the Worlds Greatest Guitarist...are Jonathan Donais from shadows fall and Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho from Children of Bodom whom were not on the list but have won many awards for their technical shredding ability's. :)

I picked Zakk Wylde but to me the Worlds Greatest Guitarist...are Jonathan Donais from shadows fall and Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho from Children of Bodom whom were not on the list but have won many awards for their technical shredding ability's. :)

Great players (all 3 of them), but they honestly do not hold a flame to the best of the best. Besides, Zakk overdoes his solos anyhow and ruins them.

from wiki

Jean "Django" Reinhardt (23 January 1910 – 16 May 1953) was a Belgian Gypsy jazz guitarist.

One of the first prominent European jazz musicians, Reinhardt remains one of the most renowned jazz guitarists due to his innovative and distinctive playing. With violinist Stéphane Grappelli he cofounded the Quintette du Hot Club de France, described by critic Thom Jurek as "one of the most original bands in the history of recorded jazz." Reinhardt's most popular compositions have become jazz standards, including "Minor Swing", "Tears", "Belleville", "Djangology", "Swing '42" and "Nuages" (French for "Clouds").

Now the most impressive, and what I just found out today is that he was practically paralyzed on his third and fourth finger !

Django Reinhardt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kris

no Alvin Lee?..never listened to Ten Years After?..."I'm going home" is a classic. he was/is one of the fastest and cleanest axemen. pardon me if that was covered before but didnt go through all the pages.

I voted for Schenker because I actually saw him, Hendrix and Clapton probably better though.

If Bert Weedon was on the poll he would have walked it lol

I agree with David Gilmour and Lindsey Buckingham but I feel Buckethead is the guy who is moving the guitar forward.

He's always had speed but he adds more feel with every performance at an astonishing rate that's hard to comprehend.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mGvfp6ckuI

This song was only played once and never released and the solo takes you on a journey much like Jimmy Page used to do in his peak years. (soloing starts at 1:50).

John5 wins the bluegrass metal award.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tECVaGujXA

he's one to watch in the future along with joe bonamassa

I voted for EVH a while back, but from this list and depending on the mood I was in, I could name about 10 guys here as The Best.

The problem is I can't put these guys in the same catagory. For instance, I wouldn't compare Paul Gilbert or Zakk Wylde to Carlos Santana or Eric Clapton. 4 GREAT guitar players, but completely different styles and genre's of music. Just my opinion. I don't have a problem with almost any of the guys on this list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back