Worlds Greatest Percussionist/Drummer.... (1 Viewer)

Worlds Greatest Percussionist / Drummer....

• Jimmy Chamberlain (Smashing Pumpkins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)

• Tim Alexander (Primus)

• Danny Carey (Tool)

• Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne)

• Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)

• Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

• Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

• Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)

• Chris Kontos (Machine Head)

• Greg Bissonette (Joe Satriani)

• Jon Fishman (Phish)

• Phil Rudd (AC/DC)

• Clive Bunker (Jethro Tull)

• Keith Moon (The Who)

• Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

• Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)

• Ginger Baker (Cream)

• Hal Blaine (Session man)

• Mitch Mitchell

• Ringo Star

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about some Portnoy...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjx3USc5cSs

Bass players take note at the end of this when all of the other musicians kick back in. Notice John Myung playing a 6 string bass, and quick!

And for the record, that song is called Ytse Jam. Here is the full song and solo together (11 mins).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEo2GUM4SFI

Dream Theater are all incredible musicians. They are all graduates of Berklee School of Music. It's definitively not for the timid, it's technically complex.

Dream Theater are incredible!

Just one thing Petrucci and Portnoy actually didn't finish their Berklee degrees and dropped out to the horror of their parents.

Seems it didnt harm them!

Im learning the solo to Under a Glass moon at the moment for guitar. Should have all done pretty soon.

used to?
I think he still plays with Billy Joel.
He used to play with Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I see one name missing from the list that probably should be included.
...and that would be the man accredited with inventing the "Rock-n-Roll Back Beat", FRED BELOW.
Aside from that drum beat, Fred's other claims to fame are being one of the perennial house drummers for Chess records and appearing on some of Chuck Berry's biggest hits.
If it wasn't for Fred, half those guys on the list would be Jazz drummers.

Elvis

Well, when you're right, you're right...almost.
Turns out it had nothing to do with Joel's new wife.

Here's a news article on the split...

Grammy-winning star BILLY JOEL and his drummer LIBERTY DeVITTO have split after thirty years performing together - because DeVitto accused Joel of having a drinking problem.

The drummer, who has played at every one of the Piano Man's gigs since 1974, claims the problems started at the end of their last tour, when Joel refused to help him out in a time of financial crisis.

Asked why he didn't accompany the singer at his recent show at New York City's Madison Square Garden, Joel's spokesperson tells the New York Daily News, "Artistic differences."

However, DeVitto says, "I guess that's what they call it when you try to tell a friend the truth. I told him I was getting divorced, my ex-wife was getting everything, could he help me out? I helped him create hits, but I wasn't getting any royalties.

"The next day, he had the tour manager tell me, 'No way.'"

Joel then failed to invite DeVitto to his marriage to KATE LEE in 2004, at which point DeVitto approached him about his drinking problem.

He says, "I wrote him a letter, confronting him about his drinking and certain management issues. People said I discredited him. But then he went into rehab and proved me right.

"Billy has said no one is allowed to talk to me."

...and the link to where I got it from - BILLY JOEL - JOEL SPLITS WITH DRUMMER

I hate messy divorces.

Elvis

I voted for Taylor not because I believe he has extraordinary talent on percussion as much as I see him as being an extraordinary musician in every sense of the word. This man plays lead, rhythm, bass, keyboards, percussion, lead and backing vocals as well as writing and composing music. He even sings while playing drums on stage. This is what I call a talented individual!! Pick up on one of his solo albums, "Fun In Space" and "Strange Frontiers" are excellent works which clearly display all these talents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back