Worlds Greatest Percussionist/Drummer....

Worlds Greatest Percussionist / Drummer....

• Jimmy Chamberlain (Smashing Pumpkins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)

• Tim Alexander (Primus)

• Danny Carey (Tool)

• Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Osbourne)

• Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)

• Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

• Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

• Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)

• Chris Kontos (Machine Head)

• Greg Bissonette (Joe Satriani)

• Jon Fishman (Phish)

• Phil Rudd (AC/DC)

• Clive Bunker (Jethro Tull)

• Keith Moon (The Who)

• Ian Paice (Deep Purple)

• Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa)

• Ginger Baker (Cream)

• Hal Blaine (Session man)

• Mitch Mitchell

• Ringo Star

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Surprised nobody mentioned Al Jackson, Jr. of Booker T. the MG's and Sam and Dave, Otis Redding, Albert King, Rufus Thomas, Eddie Floyd, Johnnie Taylor and, basically, all the classic period STAX artists.

He continued his career by playing for all the early 70's Al Green hits on HI Records.

If you turn on an oldies station or a soul satellite channel, you'll hear Al Jackson, Jr. once every 25 minutes or so.

D Drum Education :D
First im a bassit in a metal band, but drums is my fav instrument for ever so im always very critical of drummers

Mr Uli Kusch!!! Do any body knows these two bands?

01_no_world_order.jpg

Helloween_-_Better_Than_Raw.jpg

He is the master, (maybe even the first, I am not sure) in combining speed, incredible time signatures and most IMPORTANT is TASTE, TASTE and TASTE in combing your talents. I'm not here to point fingers at any drummers, but to use an example, Joey from Slipknot is very accomplished drummer, and very good wits his feet, but our drummer(wich by the way loves Joey) can play like him. I played a few Gammaray Helloween songs to him and he can NOT emulate Uli, because of "the TASTE factor"

I think drummers these day try to be to technical and forget sometimes the bigger picture of just playing basicly and make the song as a whole sound good

any way this is a bassit speaking......... :zombiesmile:

Ofcourse I have seen both of these bands live. They are from here in Germany and do concerts here all the time. Both are good bands.

What kind of Metal do you guys play? I used to do vocals in a Thrash band and I am hoping to start up a new one again soon now that I am no longer in the military.

Geeze.... Other than Gene Krupa and Ringo Star I have never heard of
any of these people. Gene Krupa was (notice the past tense) the best
there ever was ! Maybe I need to move back to the planet you guys are
on....

Charles

I thought Dark Tranquility was the opening act at an Iced Earth concert I am going to in 8 days but it turns out they are not. I am not sure who the "guests" are.

you guys are very, very blessed to see all this bands, in Africa.... only in my little country you'll get some metal, at least the scene is very active.

have you been to Wacken? wanted to go in 2004, but met my lady then, so we planning for 2008.

Yes I have been to Wacken once and I am going again next year because of Iron Maiden.

I normally go to Rock im Park and have been 10 times now because the big greats like Metallia, Iron Maiden, Slayer, and Megadeth play there regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back