Bellagambi's Bird Hase 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Well I have started on the pit and I am using Materdetails from USA for it seems to have more to offer than the Aires and was $10 cheaper.I will save the Aires for another endeavour.I need some advice an help though for as many 109's I have done I have a hangup on some colors(1)is most of the wiring in the pit yellow(2)is the chute a kaki green along w/belts?I have the option to build the seat w/chute in already and the mouldings look really good.

Sorry about the lighting it's terrible :(

Attachments

• g14 005_edited (1000 x 601).jpg
    g14 005_edited (1000 x 601).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 284
  • g14 007_edited (1000 x 606).jpg
    g14 007_edited (1000 x 606).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 280
  • g14 004_edited (1000 x 854).jpg
    g14 004_edited (1000 x 854).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Looks like a nice accessory kit Kevin. Yellow was used for the fuel lines, and other switches or controls associated with fuel. For example, the throttle lever knob was yellow, with a thin red stripe running around the centre, and the fuel line was yellow, with a clear viewing section. That's the prominent 'pipe' running up and along the starboard cockpit wall.
The colours of the wiring would depend on their function. Some of the colours used were a buff colour, dark brownish red, light grey, black etc.
The colour of the parachute harness and pack, if of German origin, would depend on the period. Generally, the pack itself, for a 'seat-type' parachute, as used in the '109, would be a darkish brown, just a bit darker than RAF Dark Earth. The harness was a slightly lighter brown on later rigs, with the early to mid-war period 'chutes having an off-white or very light beige harness. If the fastening was of the quick-release locking lug type, then the circular 'box' was normally a light silver grey, or could be a dull bare metal. Adjusting buckles were dull bare metal, whilst the fastening lugs were bright metal.
Piet posted some pics of some German parachute harnesses and packs somewhere here very recently, although I think it might have been a back-pack rig, from what I recall, the harness design of which was slightly different.

Terry took the advice on the chute but just left the wires as is for nothing more than being lazy I guess.I am taking these pics through a magnifing glass now to help out some.

Attachments

• g14 007_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    g14 007_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 266
  • g14 009_edited (407 x 600).jpg
    g14 009_edited (407 x 600).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 247
  • g14 010_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    g14 010_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 271
  • g14 013_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    g14 013_edited (600 x 449).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 260
Thks Guys!!Same color CR just a different lighting through a magnifiying glass setup.Cheers Kevin

Beaut work Kevin ! The only thing I'd change is the oxygen regulator, that's the round green part in the centre of the blue tubes/lines. It should be the same blue colour.

Beaut work Kevin ! The only thing I'd change is the oxygen regulator, that's the round green part in the centre of the blue tubes/lines. It should be the same blue colour.

I have seen it both ways thier Terry over at the Lair and opted for the more colorful setup.;)Cheers Kevin

Yea Terry it was like a sliding cover that rotated to an area with some inscription in it and seems to be unrestored??

Attachments

• 271mo-08 (600 x 450).jpg
    271mo-08 (600 x 450).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 249
Great pic Kevin! Appears to be also in RLM66, but the lighting makes it look green. That cover isn't normally seen, although I have seen them before, when painted blue; that type is more of a shallow dome-shape. The writing will be 'Sauerstoff -Offen' or something similar, meaning 'Oxygen - Open', and an arrow indicating the directon. Out of view, under the cover, will be the word 'Schliessen', meaning close or shut. The wording could vary, and be simply on/off, in German.

Yep, same idea. Schliessen - to close,shut, conclude. Lock - die locke, schleussen - depending on context, if I remember my very rusty German!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back