Best Live Band

Best Live Band

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marilyn Manson easilly the best stage show I've seen ("Experts" say it should be Kylie or Madonna, but I'm not that way inclined.

As much as I'm over hearing most Nickelback stuff on the radio (STILL getting flogged to death!) They go off like a sack of **** in a heatwave live.

I'm much into Aussie rock, so there's only a few on here that would know who I'm talking about if I started blabbing on, but there's nothing better than a home-grown rockband playing in a pub on a Friday night.

Yeah I dig some pub rock, to be brutally honest it can get a bit generic sometimes. Following the leader in terms of sound having said that there is some awesome music in Melbourne, really rocks in terms of musical scene compared to the rest of Aus.

Blue Oyster Cult in the laser show era.

but still great now

Motorhead, for general audience juice

AC/DC for nuts crowds of fans

In the time they existed Led Zeppelin were the best live band to grace the planet, however I imagine most of the members here were too young to have seen them.

Saw Queen...Saw Yes....Saw Billy Joel

But none of them were as good as Springsteen. There is simply nobody better live.
Saw Queen at the Seattle Collessium in '80.
I agree. B-17 engineer didn't miss much. I actually saw Freddy Mercury get up and walk away from the piano while the rest of the crowd still thought he was playing. :rolleyes:
I'd rather see The Boss live, too (which I have yet to do, in person).
Springsteen's 1/2 time show at the Superbowl was excellent and I wish I could say I was at the concert that ended up in the video for "Rosalita" back in the 70's.
Looked like a good time for all.

Elvis

Saw Queen...Saw Yes....Saw Billy Joel

But none of them were as good as Springsteen. There is simply nobody better live.

Springsteen is a great artist and great live (I can't wait to see him live again in a few weeks), but I would not say he puts on a better show than bands such as:

Pink Floyd
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Queen
AC/DC

there is no way...

Oh well opinions are opinions. :lol:

I voted for Flogging Molly but I can't remember why???

Flogging Molly puts on an Amazing show! I just saw them at Rock im Park last weekend. It was pouring rain, but the people were just dancing in the crowd and singing along. They truely are a great live band!

Last edited:
In the time they existed Led Zeppelin were the best live band to grace the planet, however I imagine most of the members here were too young to have seen them.
During my senior year in high school, a friend and I had planned to see Zeppelin in September of 1980, as they were going to kick off the American part of their tour that year in Seattle.
The day we were to go get the tickets was the same day that the band announced Bonzo's death and the cancellation of the tour.
:cry:
I would have liked to have seen them in '77 (their prior visit to Seattle), but my father wouldn't let me go.
:mad:

Elvis

I've never seen anyone perform live myself, but we have a dvd of Pink Floyd live and I LOVE it!!

Next, I have to complain to the poll maker, sorry, but you need to have His Infernal Majesty (HIM) there - They are the best band I have ever listened to! :)

Next, I have to complain to the poll maker, sorry, but you need to have His Infernal Majesty (HIM) there - They are the best band I have ever listened to! :)

Actually HIM is very boring live! I have seen them several times, and each time I almost fell asleep! Even my wife is a really big fan of HIM, will never pay to watch them live again.

So since the poll is about "Best Live Band", I guess it was good not to put them in the poll.

I voted Iron Maiden. There's a reason I've seen them three times. Even my girlfriend said that was the best band live she had ever seen. This was last year during the "Back Somewhere in Time" tour. At 50 Bruce can still wail out his vocals and hasn't lost any pitch in his voice what-so-ever.

I voted Iron Maiden. There's a reason I've seen them three times. Even my girlfriend said that was the best band live she had ever seen. This was last year during the "Back Somewhere in Time" tour. At 50 Bruce can still wail out his vocals and hasn't lost any pitch in his voice what-so-ever.

While I don't agree that they are the best (just my opinion, you and others might think they are the best and that is great), I certainly think they are one of the best! They were actually the first metal band that my wife ever saw in concert and since seeing them she has not become a metal fan.

Sorry to hear that. That was a requirement for me to even date a woman. She had to like heavy metal.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back