Nonskimmer said:
Is he JTF, or something else? If so, what the hell is he doing talking to you about his training?
That is unless...
you're some kinda Rambo type too.
He is or was (not sure right now) some kind of underwater (deepsea) rescue / underwater explosive specialist. He has told me about some of his operations (I don't think any of them are secrets but not sure), if he did anything that was hush hush he would not tell me, he is by the book guy from what I can tell, hardcore military guy. He has been in the military for about 18-19 years now, wow times flies.
On a funny note once I was at a bar with him and a group of his buddies (from the military also) and they almost started a bar brawl b/c there was some Army guys in the bar also and one of them was making out with some chick while he was in uniform and my cousin and his friends thought that was wrong to be doing in uniform. So they not so nicely told the guy to stop. The two sides faced off (me standing among all these 200-240lbs navy guys lol), until the Army officer told his men to back off (and told the guy making out with the chick to stop). It was close to a whole bar brawl, it was funny. We laughed about that one more than once.
He told me of training with US Seals but only in general terms, most of which I forget now. He impressions of them was of the highest regard, he said he loved training with them and would do it again if he had the chance in a second.
And noooo I am not a Rambo of anykind. I have trained for years in hand-hand combat, TMA and MMA but no soldier. I love getting on a mat and fighting. I love to learn about anything to do with hand to hand combat, it is a passion of mine. I wish I could train in MMA 10 hours a day, but sadly I can't. Not to mention I am getting older, 36 now. My dream would be to train with some of the top MMA in the world as well as combat troops (SAS, US Seals, etc only in hand to hand combat). But I would first have to win the lottery. Fighting on the mat does not pay my bills or feed my wife and daughter.