Best Tank Killer of WW2 continued (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trying to get into the discussion here:)

Erich, do you have any more info on Panzerblitz actions in 1944-45, especially concerning Fw 190F-8 units of SG 1? I have some interesting pictures in Word documents, but I can't get them on the forum yet. Anyway, if you or someone else has any info at all on Panzerblitz Fw 190s post it rightaway.

getting back to Herr Fischer that flew the F-8 mit Panzerblitz, translated and sent to me from Germany

Blitz of Pommern":

Siegfried Fischer
Oberfeldwebel
Born 27.11.1918 in Pommerndorf (Kreis Hohenelbe/Sudetenland)

RK 28.02.1945 as Oberfeldwebel after 670 combat missions (Feindflüge)

Since February 1941 in Sicily with 6.St.G1. First Feindflug on 15.04.1941 from Trapani against a British naval formation near Malta. Since june in Russia where he fought on almost every focal point and distinguished himself. His units were 6.St.G. 1, then 5. Staffel(July 1943-April 1944), 8./SG 1 (May 1944-February 1945) 9./SG 1 (March - April 1945). He was specialized in bridge destruction and he destroyed about 30 important bridges. Amongst them the "Rollbahn" -bridge west of Smolensk (Pocket of Smolensk), Ukra bridge near Juchnow and the Wolga bridge near Rschew.

Since autumn 1944 he achieve large success in Westpreußen-Pommern against tanks with his Fw 190 equipped with tank breaking (armour piercing?) rockets and bombs. These actions earned him the name "Blitz von Pommern". One day he shot down 2 enemy a/c when he was still fully loaded and afterwards he destroyed 4 tanks on the same mission. Repeatedly he landed behind enemy lines and rescued own crews

He was shot down behind enemy lines several times. On 08.08.1941 he was hit near Weliki Luki about 5km in hostile territory. he managed to take the parachute and despite severe burns he reached the own lines. One time he was downed 30 km behind the HKL, but he and his Bordfunker Anton Kraus fought their way back to the own troops. On 17.04.1945 he was shot down by Flak, took his para but was severely wounded and transported to a military hospital. From 21.04.1945 until 18.09.1946 he was (wounded) in soviet captivity.

All in all 713 combat missions, 123 thereof on Fw 190. 12 times shot down. He achieved 15 aerial victories, knocked out 80 tanks and participated in the destruction of a submarine near Malta.

Someone here mentioned the Beaufighter as being a credible tank killer. Where and when would that have been ? Do they want to justify that comment ?
Marlin

The Beaufighter was used as a tank killer in the CBI theatre with some effect, although there wasn't a significant amount of Japanese armour for it to destroy.

The Beau could take 8 x 60 lbs RPs or 2 x 500lbs, but against light armour, such as Japanese tanks, the nose mounted 4 x 20mm were enough to gaurantee a kill.

Beaus scored kills against Japanese half traks, command vehicles and the like around Imphal and in Burma. can't find any confirmed kills of tanks, but there are accounts of Beaufighters straffing columns which included armour.

If I was going to ground straff, the 4 x 20mm and 6 x .303 of the Beau would be about the most fearsome combination of the entire war. Something like 120 rounds per second :shock:

Bullo Loris I have a question for you. Are you a member of the Warbirds Resource Group? If you are not, do you have permission to use there banner.

The Tempest as the best Tank Killer???
32178.gif

:lol:

well i wouldn't mind you having a hot slutty daughter ;)

but no i don't think the tempest is the best, just one of the better ones Britain had to offer...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back