Best things from America (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Absolutely old boy. May I join you ?

A large Bombay Sapphire gin to toast the fact that the sun never set on the British Empire :)

Always a gentleman, sooo...

I didn't understand that comment until I realized what I said. N4521U I deeply apologize to you if you or any member of this forum took offense to my "turning a blind eye" post. It was only intended as a mindless colloquialism and not meant to insult you. I am deeply embarrassed that I have stuck the proverbial foot in my mouth... yet again unfortunately. Apologies.

Hey, no offense taken. I lived in Berkeley in the 60's as well. Mario Savio and the whole bit.
No blind eye is turned, it's not really accepted as such but is a problem that is difficult to deal with in a humane way.

I, and those who choose to live there, think the City is a pretty vibrant place to live. I miss it a whole lot. Anyone here ever had breakfast at Mama's at Washington Square??? Drinks or dinner at Enrico's? Or been to the Moss Distillery? Baseball at The ballpark? Buffalo stew at Tommy's Joint??????

Haha..very good John. That raised a rare smile. :)

England is known to some as perfidious Albion, implying that she is not trustworthy in her dealings with foreigners.

As if...but, as a good mother country should we taught our colonial children well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back