Best things from America

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
After the bacon, turkey bollocks and mega excesses on other threads I have been wondering 'what are the best things that America has given us'?

Please add to the light hearted list....

1) The Simpsons. So true behind the humour.
2) Car chase movies. Talking of which what was the movie with a mob hitman who sang country western songs, drove a lime green Dodge Challenger or Charger?
3) Harleys. At a certain age buying into the dream is irresistible.

Over to you

Cheers
John

Cars up to the early 60's and some later, early Indian and H-D, 50's rock n' roll, rockabilly, Chrysler Buidling, Lockheed Constellation, Boeing Stratocruiser, my favourite railroads up to '76, Route 66....B-17, B-24, B-25, B-26, B-29....them USS Yorktowns, USS Coral Sea... Ok, enough.. ;) :lol:

Let's not forget that they won Battle of Britain (according to Hollywood anyway, just like they can make tires scream on ANY surface!)....

...and subsequently ruined modern air transportation. That one is gonna cost us at the Pearly Gates.

Why's that Matt?
I had thought of the 747 as a world shrinker for all the best reasons.

I have another American gem....WD40. I swear by this stuff.

Why's that Matt?
I had thought of the 747 as a world shrinker for all the best reasons.

Flying used to be enjoyable and a luxury to experience. Now it is in my opionion that it is one of the WORST experiences one must endure. Perhaps just my jaded view derived from a career of traveling.

Oh and I agree with you on WD-40. Like Hoppe's No. 9 it has a smell that is both wonderful and memory invoking. Love them both.

2) Car chase movies. Talking of which what was the movie with a mob hitman who sang country western songs, drove a lime green Dodge Challenger or Charger?
The only movie I can think of with a Lime Green 1969 Charger is 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry'. Another good movie is 'Vanishing Point' starring Barry Newman in a 1970 White Hemi Challenger, and the best car chase scene EVER was in 'Bullet' staring Steve McQueen.. 1968 Triple Black Charger a 1968 Mustang GT epic chase!

Best thing from America would be Apple Pie. Mmmmmm.. Apple.. Pie..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back