• S.O.D - Speak English Or Die

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carnivore - Carnivore

• Slayer - Reign in Blood

• Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

• Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

• Metal Church - The Dark

• Flotsam And Jetson - Doomsday For the Deceiver

• Sacred Reich - Ignorance

• Anthrax - Among the Living

• Sanctuary - Refuge Denied

• Death Angel - Frolic Through The Dark

• Testament - The New Order

• Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today

• Nuclear Assault - Survive

• Forbidden - Forbiden Evil

• Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare

• Overkill - The Years of Decay

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
There seems to be a lot of Metal fans on this forum (including myself) and since Thrash is my favorite genre of Metal and a very popular genre overall in Metal I figured we could see what everyone thinks is the best album. Above in the poll is what are generally considered the best thrash albums produced and the most influential Thrash Albums on todays Metal music. If there is one that you feel needs to be up there let me know and I can add it.

For me it is Master of Puppets by Metallica from 1986. It is also the album that really turned me onto Metal.

Rust in peace is a great album, but Peace Sells...But Who's Buying is much better. Just listen to both albums and you see the difference. Great album but not quite there. Either way in my opinion it still does not come close to Master of Puppets. Dave is a great musician (and I can wait to see him Live again in 5 weeks) but he never came close to the stuff that Metallica did. He did contribute greatly though to Metallicas real early stuff.

If you would like I will add it for you, and you can vote for it.

Rust In Peace was Megadeth's peek in Thrash before they went completely Progressive, with C2E, alot like Metallica after ....AJFA,

Peace Sells, in my opinion is like the Ride The Lighting Album, of Metallica

but Ride The Light was topped by Master Of Puppets, and Peace Sells was topped by Rust In Peace

I cant wait for the new metallica album,

its expected to come out THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no they are putting a whole bunch of work into this one, i have been trying my best to follow on there progress, whether its MTV, Metallica.com and google

8) It had its moments, but this was coming from the guys who wrote MOP an RTL. From a musicians stand point it was just an album to meet the contract.

Dont get me wrong im a massive Metallica fan8)

8) It had its moments, but this was coming from the guys who wrote MOP an RTL. From a musicians stand point it was just an album to meet the contract.

Dont get me wrong im a massive Metallica fan8)
to me, Some kind of monster is the stand out song on St. Anger

So, of course i voted for master, master, master of puppets

Rust In Peace was Megadeth's peek in Thrash before they went completely Progressive, with C2E, alot like Metallica after ....AJFA,

Peace Sells, in my opinion is like the Ride The Lighting Album, of Metallica

but Ride The Light was topped by Master Of Puppets, and Peace Sells was topped by Rust In Peace

If you say so. Your opinion...

102first_hussars said:
I cant wait for the new metallica album,

its expected to come out THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

No it is not. Metallica announced back in February that the album would not be out till earliest Winter 2007 and latest early 2008. They are going to take there time with it.

The new Metallica album should be great however! Rick Ruben wants them to reinvent themselves but in a new way, sort of raise the bar in Metal and do what Metallica should have allways done.

Metallica also said that having played the whole Master of Puppets album on there tour last year (Hell Yeah I happened to have seen one the shows, will never forget it!) sort of made them realize how much they missed the old stuff and that it put a fire under there ass to give the fans what they wanted.

They said that Lars drums have been removed from the boxes unlike St Anger and Kirk is doing lots of solos. James as well is supposed to have anger back in his voice.

Some top info there!

I gotta say even thought St Anger was not the greatest effort, I always felt Jamez voice sound nuts. really strong and raw. If they can capture that it will be good. Having said that he doesnt sound the same on any of the albums, constantly evolving like the band.

St Anger was my least favorite but it was still a good album I thought. It was different and that is how I want all Metallica's albums to sound so that my favorite band does not get boring to me. I am sure the new album will kick ass. I have faith in the Four Horsemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back